04/04/14, 11:04 AM   #1
StealthStalker
[Request] Add-on to help simplify chat (ie: replace words, lines, displayed info)

Not sure if chat can be parsed at all, but if so this is what I'm looking for.

An add-on that can change the way guild or other chat information is displayed. It'd be similar to the /rpfilter in DAOC. Though it would be nice if some of the functionality was automated (eg: Guild @acct names auto-filtered to character names that they're logged in on).

Currently here's how chat appears:

[Guild Name] [@Loginname]: Message

So for my guild, our chat is taken up over half of every line with:
[Knights of the WhiteWolf] [@loginnames]: Message

I'd like to be able to add a customer filter that replaces "Knights of the WhiteWolf" with KoWW.
I'd like for the add-on to parse chat and (if possible) use the Roster window to determine what character name is in use.

eg: My guild is Knights of the WhiteWolf, my Acctname is @Login and my Character name is Elayna. My guild chat would then appear as:

[KoWW] Elayna: Message

*Also note, I removed the []'s from the character name, but that wouldn't have to be required, though still useful.

Last edited by StealthStalker : 04/04/14 at 11:16 AM.
04/05/14, 12:05 AM   #2
Sariash

pChat allows you to use a customizable tag for guild names in guild chat. KoWW instead of the long Knights of the WhiteWolf should be doable with it...

:: http://esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=93#info

Last edited by Sariash : 04/05/14 at 12:08 AM.
04/05/14, 12:09 AM   #3
StealthStalker
This was exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Add-on to help simplify chat (ie: replace words, lines, displayed info)