02/04/19, 01:50 AM   #1
Lifeseeker128

[Search/Request] Is there an addon which automatically marks crafted items?

Hello. I have another addon search/request for you all.

As I am an avid crafter and an avid pre-crafter for each and every one of my crafting writ items (don't judge me), I find it hard to tell my crafted things apart from what I loot most of the time or telling apart items crafted by my main crafter from ones by my alts. So, I had this one idea: what if each crafted item was marked by a simple, little icon like those used for intricates and ornates?

Along these lines, I started to search for an addon to automatically mark crafted items with an icon... but nothing turned up. If there is such an addon, I haven't found it yet, and I'm not talking about a player marking crafted items with a mark themselves. I'm talking about an addon which automatically marks it for the player after that item is created. Also, it's not enough that I have to mouse-over each and every item to determine that it's crafted or not. I'd rather know it at a glance.

And if this addon doesn't yet exist, perhaps an added feature would be to color code whether the item was crafted by the current character or another character (like making the "crafted" icon green for having been created by the current character as opposed to white for another one). This addon may seem pretty simple to make in my head, but it may not be in reality.

Let me know if you're planning to make a similar addon or have found such an addon already made out there on the internet. Thanks for reading and responding.

Last edited by Lifeseeker128 : 02/04/19 at 01:57 AM.
02/04/19, 03:45 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FCOItemSaver is able to mark crafted items automatically.
You can even set another icon for writ created items or master writ created items (using Dolgubons lazy Writ Creator).
It is though not able to distinguish the icons for several characters! It will always be one selected icon for all characters, or you'd need to setup FCOIS to use character settings, and not account wide. This would offer you the possibility to use different icons per character, but on the other hand would need you to mark each item on each character for saving methods.

It is not a simple addon and not light weight, but if you setup it once it will autoamtically mark a lot of your items (sets - also by trait, quality, crafted, ...) and eases the usage of the inventory by providing filter options and mass marking/handling functionalities.

It also integrates into several other addons saving your items of value against sell, deconstruction, trade, destroy, etc.

Comes in handy with DoItAll as you can mark items and just use DoItAll to refine all your stuff and deconstruct all your stuff with one click, without having to worry that items get destroyed you want to keep.
And also comes in handy with AdvancedFilters BETA and FCOCraftFilter to manage the shown items in the inventories and crafting stations properly and easily.

Edit:
Just saw you had used FCOIS already in the past and moved away due to frame drops. Sorry to read this but I never experioenced this and can only give as advice:
Disable all other addons and try FCOIS alone. Do the frame drops still happen?
When exactly are they happening, upon loot of items?
Only as you are fisihing or also if you are in the overland fighting and looting enemies e.g.?
Did you enable automatic marks of items like recipes and resaerchable items? Which other addons are you using then to find the unknown recipes/researchable items?

Last edited by Baertram : 02/04/19 at 04:43 AM.
02/04/19, 05:00 AM   #3
Lifeseeker128

Sounds like it's just what I want. I'll discuss the other issues I'm having with FCOIS somewhere else, however. I think I'll keep this topic open for any other alternatives in the meantime.

Update: FCOIS has the feature I was looking for. Thank you for the help.

Last edited by Lifeseeker128 : 02/05/19 at 12:05 PM. Reason: update

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Search/Request] Is there an addon which automatically marks crafted items?