01/21/21, 09:51 AM   #1
opel65
Addon which informs if affected by a proc set.

I'm wondering if there is an addon that will explicitly tell you with a pop up that you are being channeled with zaan/vateshran proc by an enemy?
01/21/21, 03:52 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not sure if this is even possible.
Do you see any buff on yourself as you press c during getting channeld by these set's procs?
If not I doubt there will be a way to tell you.
01/21/21, 09:00 PM   #3
opel65
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Not sure if this is even possible.
Do you see any buff on yourself as you press c during getting channeld by these set's procs?
If not I doubt there will be a way to tell you.
Well there are combat cloud addons, and addons for measuring parse cmx that can distinguish the origin of damage, so possibly it could be made with those systems in mind.
01/21/21, 10:37 PM   #4
Sharlikran

This is the Addon search and request so no worries it's fine to ask. Just note that some mods like cmx and others work on the player. Meaning you, only. What you are requesting is knowing when another "Player" is doing this to you.

Keep in mind the overall idea is if it has to do with anything related to PVP, if you are trying to get this information from anything outside your group or, information from other players effecting you, then usually there isn't a way to do that.

Doesn't matter what your intention is or your reasons. No need to state them either. I'm just explaining that when authors disagree like this with the requests it is because we know in general if it would be cool and useful then it's probably is not possible. If it is possible and a mod uses this people will complain and ZOS will remove the ability to do it. It has been done before and will be done again.

Especially if it can be used while in PVP. Which right now running Icy Conjuror, Zaans, and a vate staff can be cool when its you doing it. Not so cool when someone else does that to you.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 01/21/21 at 10:40 PM.
01/22/21, 02:54 AM   #5
andy.s
Both effects of those sets are displayed in your buffs/debuffs when applied to you, so the addon should be easy to make. If it's a duel, then you can even predict when the next proc is gonna happen. Just find a person who cares about pvp and can make such an addon
01/22/21, 04:15 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by andy.s View Post
Both effects of those sets are displayed in your buffs/debuffs when applied to you, so the addon should be easy to make. If it's a duel, then you can even predict when the next proc is gonna happen. Just find a person who cares about pvp and can make such an addon
If this is a player buff on yourself, as I had asked for to check in my first post here (thanks for the clarification andy.s), there are several addons out there already which are able to show you buff popups/textures.
Some of them are able to add them to special "boxes" e.g. which you can move on the UI.
Even the standard buff UI of the game should show them if you enable the buffs in the settings.

Addons are e.g.:
Srendar
BuffTimers2
LUI Extended (includes many other features though)

Maybe these are able to show text as well, if you do not like to get the texture of that buff shown.
Srendar e.g. got a kind of helper/debug mode which, if enabled, will show you the abilityIds of the buffs on yourself. You are able to add this abilityId (after someone channeld the buff on you) to the special buffs list for a buff window/box. And once you get it again it will show up in that box.
You just need to collect the ids of the different procs you'd like to track then.

Maybe this LUI Extended data spreadsheet helps as well with finding them:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2133174771

Last edited by Baertram : 01/22/21 at 04:32 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon which informs if affected by a proc set.