12/11/20, 05:41 AM   #1
adran06
Stage 1 Vampire fix

Is it possible to make a mod to fix the stage 1 so it looks like you would pre-vamp, but with vamp eyes? Hell, even just being able to darken my Khajit's fur back to black at stage 1 if nothing else would be great. He looks silly with gray fur when he's literally named "Black Thief".

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not asking for it to be visible to others. I don't care what they see. I just want to see myself the way I should be when I'm stage 1, not pale as a ghost.

Last edited by adran06 : 12/11/20 at 06:03 AM.
12/11/20, 06:57 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons cannot change the character's look, or enemies look, or weapons look, or whatever look. No matter if only for you or visible to others.
12/11/20, 10:52 PM   #3
adran06
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Addons cannot change the character's look, or enemies look, or weapons look, or whatever look. No matter if only for you or visible to others.
Are you sure? Cause I found a bunch of older mods that did just that, but they're just that. Very old.
12/12/20, 08:20 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes I'm sure. Afaik addons cannot change the look of players except applying a costume or equippable items.
But addons got no access to the textures of the weapons, characters etc.

Link the addons you found here and we can have a look what they did, but I'm pretty sure they were not touching the textures or looks directly. Maybe they used a workaround which was fixed meanwhile.
12/12/20, 10:40 PM   #5
adran06
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Yes I'm sure. Afaik addons cannot change the look of players except applying a costume or equippable items.
But addons got no access to the textures of the weapons, characters etc.

Link the addons you found here and we can have a look what they did, but I'm pretty sure they were not touching the textures or looks directly. Maybe they used a workaround which was fixed meanwhile.
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...sOverhaul.html This is one I found. Not sure what limits there are to something like this, but I don't even want something quite on the scale as this anyway.
12/12/20, 11:26 PM   #6
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
ReShades don't change textures in the way that you're wanting. They're more like... overlays of colors and sharpening?
12/13/20, 12:20 AM   #7
adran06
Originally Posted by LoneStar2911 View Post
ReShades don't change textures in the way that you're wanting. They're more like... overlays of colors and sharpening?
I'd be fine with that, as long as it made my Khajit's fur look like it's original black while I'm stage 1.
12/13/20, 01:33 AM   #8
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
ReShade alters the entire image. So we could make your entire screen black like your khajiit's fur... but you won't be able to see anything else.
Unfortunately, I don't believe anything can be done except these few options:
1. Don't be a vampire, or
2. Obtain or buy a skin to use.
Until ZOS hears us after years and years of pleading, we're stuck with the current vampire look. I don't like it either. I'd rather use a rotting skin that I have than look like a vampire... but I like a passive or two from the vampire line.

If anyone else knows of a way, or is willing to attempt to create a way, to revert the look of vampirism... please let us know.
12/13/20, 03:04 AM   #9
adran06
Originally Posted by LoneStar2911 View Post
ReShade alters the entire image. So we could make your entire screen black like your khajiit's fur... but you won't be able to see anything else.
Unfortunately, I don't believe anything can be done except these few options:
1. Don't be a vampire, or
2. Obtain or buy a skin to use.
Until ZOS hears us after years and years of pleading, we're stuck with the current vampire look. I don't like it either. I'd rather use a rotting skin that I have than look like a vampire... but I like a passive or two from the vampire line.

If anyone else knows of a way, or is willing to attempt to create a way, to revert the look of vampirism... please let us know.
Neither of those is an option, as I am playing the game to be a vampire. I even like the way Stage 4 looks. I just hate Stage 1. Skins cost money, which I don't have, and I don't want to reskin my character, I just want to have my silky black fur back when I'm not fed, so my name of Black Thief (Dar-Kuro) makes sense still.
12/13/20, 06:44 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well, then the only option would be to use the official forums and the ingame /bug report to tell ZOs.
Addons are not cappable to help here, and the one you had linked uses reShade which is a total texture sharepning and change tool, no addon at all. It uses DirectX and OpenGl custom settings to adapt the visuals of games to your needs. You are able to create profiles accordingly to your needs.
But I doubt, as LoneStar2911 already said, you'd be able to only change the vampire 1 stage textures. It affects ALL visual textures.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Stage 1 Vampire fix