01/15/23, 12:53 PM   #1
JP Fred
Frustrated trying to get addons recognized by eso

I am running ESO on a windows 11 pc using minion as the addon manager. This is a new laptop and I am having a heck of a time to get ESO to recognize the addons. I am running ESO from steam by the way.

I tried all kinds of folder combinations but still no luck. I am now trying the base ESO addon library "C:\users\username\documents\elder scrolls online\live\addons but no luck.

HELP!!!
01/15/23, 01:01 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
01/15/23, 04:21 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try the screenshot trick mentioned at that link that Sharlikran provided you.

The forum search would have told you the same within "minutes of reading"...
The last 5 ppl asking for "addons not showing" "addons not found" "addons not recognized" all helped themselves using the screenshot trick.
01/16/23, 02:46 PM   #4
JP Fred
Thumbs up

The screen shot trick worked! I figured the brain trust had the answer. I would never had thought to look my onedrive in an e-book folder. Go figure
01/16/23, 04:57 PM   #5
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by JP Fred View Post
The screen shot trick worked! I figured the brain trust had the answer. I would never had thought to look my onedrive in an e-book folder. Go figure
OneDrive will determine at any given moment which files are synchronized and which are not. If at any time it replaces an older copy of a file then you will have unexpected behavior. I would recommend examining your OneDrive folder for anything such as family photos and if you do not have any, uninstall OneDrive. Even for single player games such as skyrim SE and fallout 4, OneDrive has reverted saved games for those kinds of games as well. It has its purpose but I don't feel it's necessary for gamers.

For ESO it reverts saved variables or prevents them from saving properly. I have helped several guild members or friends with missing data due to files being reverted by OneDrive.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 01/17/23 at 07:51 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Frustrated trying to get addons recognized by eso