03/19/23, 06:16 PM   #1
Gevaisa88
A lot of my addons don't work.

They are all up to date and have all their dependencies. Here is what I have going and their status:

Character Knowledge: Works

Combat metrics: Works but shows up as a black rectangle most of the time which can't be moved out of the way. Sometimes it's transparent.

Craftstore: Works

DecoTrack: Not sure. Made me teleport to each house to scan what was in it.

Dogublon's Lazy Writ Creator: Works great. Love it.

Essential Housing Community: Not sure.

Housing Hub: Not sure.

Furniture Catalog and sub addons: Not sure.

Harvest Map: Wonderful. Love it. Works great.

HomeStationMarker: Nope.

LoreBooks: Fantastic. Works great.

Lost Treasure: Wonderful

Map Pins: Sort of. I can see undiscovered wayshrines, thieves troves, treasure chests I have no way of accessing the filters for what I really wanted it for: quest collectibles. I have seen the screenshot of how it should look and it does not look like that for me.

MarkPledges: Nope.

Rare fish tracker: Works.

Skyshards: Works.

Ulrich's Skill Point Finder: Nope.

Votans Addon list: Not sure.

Votan's fish fillet: Works great.

Votan's Fisherman and sub addons: Works.

Writworthy: Works great.

I am hoping someone here can tell me what is wrong and how I can fix it.

Thank you.
03/19/23, 08:25 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi there,

a status like "Not sure" or "Don't know" is not helping us and yourself to find out if addons work or not

I'd say you should do the following:
Disable all addons and then only ensable the 1 addon + needed dependencies that you want to test!
Having multiple addons enabled in combination often leads to errors. So test first with only 1 addon and after that, if all works, enable others and test again.
Test if the addon works as standalone enabled addon, and if not please read the following how to report bugs, and where to report it (at the addon's comment):
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9885

Make use of that then please so the author of that particular addon is able to help you.
Especially for the ones you have listed as "Nope" here already, as you seem to know what is not working there then: Report the details to the addon comments of that addon please and read there if someone else got a similar bug and knows how to solve it. Often the community posts bug fixes that you can easily implement yourself (text file changes) at the addon comments.

Thank you
03/19/23, 08:54 PM   #3
Gevaisa88
Unfortunately one of the ones I am having the most trouble with, Map Pins, has no author portal or bug report button. It also does not work even after disabling everything but it.
03/20/23, 06:41 AM   #4
Sharlikran

That isn't what the bug report is for though. It is for when you know what the bug is. For example, a location out of place. They are for telling the author what the bug is and how to reproduce it. You aren't posting any troubleshooting and how to reproduce anything. You are just politely asking for advice.

Most of those mods are fairly popular and I use some of them myself and they work fine. Including Map Pins.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/20/23 at 10:22 AM.
03/20/23, 09:02 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Mappins was update and works fine as far as I can see from the comments?

If the addons do not work for you you should ask in the addon comment for advice, and explain what exactly is not working. "It does not work" is way too common.
So explain there with more details please if it loads, if not, if your can see the settings menu or not, what version you got installed, what setting you charged and what you had expected to happen, but what does not happen then etc.
03/20/23, 09:58 AM   #6
Sharlikran

DecoTrack
Essential Housing Community
Housing Hub
HomeStationMarker
MarkPledges

I would just uninstall all of those with Minion. Not that I know anything about them and I'm not saying anything negative. Simply put you are telling us that mods that should work and some mods we use are not working for you. Which is kinda difficult to understand.

Granted Unix/Wine is not supported. If you are using that then there is no point to figuring it out. Mac and Windows only and for the Mac you do need a specific OS and CPU or higher.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/20/23 at 10:17 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » A lot of my addons don't work.