04/20/23, 08:15 PM   #1
DeanGrey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Best way to handle a chat pad on an Xbox controller?

I am out here breaking barriers with my Xbox controller and attached chat pad but I have an issue. When I click, lets say, "M" on the chatpad to open my map, it switches it to keyboard mode. Then I move my controller stick to navigate. Then I want to click "M" again to close the menu but I need to actually click it twice, once to switch back to keyboard control and once again to close the map.

Is there a best way to handle this utilization of a chat pad and not require extra clicks? I realize this is a very unique question. I would even be willing to relearn some things to try my own hands at a plugin but I am unsure of where to start.
04/21/23, 03:22 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi DeaenGrey,

as ZOs implemented that "feature" to auto switch the input mode based on mouse&keyboard or gamepad clicks/keys/button press it most probably detects the chatPad as a keyboard and ths switches to keyboard mode.

Did you try to change the settings for this in vanilla game settings (where you set the gamepad mode eabled/disabled/automatic -> "Auto change input") to "Gamepad" fixed, and not "Automatic"?

Hope this works.
05/01/23, 01:53 AM   #3
DeanGrey

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Hi DeaenGrey,

as ZOs implemented that "feature" to auto switch the input mode based on mouse&keyboard or gamepad clicks/keys/button press it most probably detects the chatPad as a keyboard and ths switches to keyboard mode.

Did you try to change the settings for this in vanilla game settings (where you set the gamepad mode eabled/disabled/automatic -> "Auto change input") to "Gamepad" fixed, and not "Automatic"?

Hope this works.
Afraid so. I took it off automatic to hard-set to gamepad and it still switches most things to keyboard inputs and then you gotta click the chat pad twice to then get back to keyboard if you move around the menu with the controller. I'm trying to wrap my head around a way to do this still but I think it legitimately is coming down to a lack of vision lol.

Last edited by DeanGrey : 05/01/23 at 02:02 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Best way to handle a chat pad on an Xbox controller?