05/13/14, 11:00 AM   #1
dagus0323
minion addons across PCs?

are the addons I have downloaded with minion attached to my account or to my pc?

I was going to download this on my buddy's PC and then log in myself and get the addons I think he'd like to try based off my list. is this possible?

I could of course write them down or message him the list of names of things to download... but I'm rather lazy
05/13/14, 11:32 AM   #2
Swizzy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dagus0323 View Post
are the addons I have downloaded with minion attached to my account or to my pc?

I was going to download this on my buddy's PC and then log in myself and get the addons I think he'd like to try based off my list. is this possible?

I could of course write them down or message him the list of names of things to download... but I'm rather lazy
Minion don't make any lists like that, nor does it have any online lists for you afaik...
05/13/14, 12:21 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Linking Minion to your Favorites list here on the site is on the to-do list.
05/14/14, 12:02 AM   #4
Quietas
ESOUI Minion can download but not sync. All of the cloud sync programs won't sync except in the one folder they are set up to. Backup scripts and software would be annoying. I needed a way to setup the ESO AddOns folder so that it was in the Dropbox folder also. NTFS junctions are what is needed. Google it if you want to know what they are.

I tried this with OneDrive and Box.net, but they don't handle the NTFS junctions correctly. A fellow guildie pointed out that Dropbox works, so I tried and this is the result.

This worked for me on both of my Win 8.1 systems, modify it to if your particular file locations.

mklink /j "%userprofile%\Dropbox\ESO AddOns" "%userprofile%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns"

mklink /j "%userprofile%\Dropbox\ESO SavedVariables" "%userprofile%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables"

mklink /j <link> <target>

The <link> folder would be in your Dropbox folder and the <target> would be your ESO AddOns folder. The same goes for your SavedVariables if you want the settings to copy as well. I have the same resolution screens on my desktop and laptop so this works great.

Run both of the lines (or the 1st) in an elevated command prompt (goolge it). Before you create the junction links on the second computer you will want to pause Dropbox so that it does not immediately start updating from the first computer before your junction links are made.

This works best if you use Minion on only one computer since Minion still doesn't detect addons that it did not install.

Last edited by Quietas : 05/14/14 at 12:16 AM.
05/14/14, 12:19 AM   #5
Quietas
On a side note, it would be nice if there was a Zam/ESOUI signin which was optional to save a simple list of installed addons and computer name. Even better if there was a way to tie the SavedVariables into it as well via Dropbox or some other method. That might be too much though.
05/14/14, 09:20 AM   #6
dagus0323
alrighty, thanks fellas.
05/24/14, 11:00 AM   #7
Sasky
Originally Posted by Quietas View Post
ESOUI Minion can download but not sync. All of the cloud sync programs won't sync except in the one folder they are set up to. Backup scripts and software would be annoying. I needed a way to setup the ESO AddOns folder so that it was in the Dropbox folder also. NTFS junctions are what is needed. Google it if you want to know what they are.

I tried this with OneDrive and Box.net, but they don't handle the NTFS junctions correctly. A fellow guildie pointed out that Dropbox works, so I tried and this is the result.

This worked for me on both of my Win 8.1 systems, modify it to if your particular file locations.

mklink /j "%userprofile%\Dropbox\ESO AddOns" "%userprofile%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns"

mklink /j "%userprofile%\Dropbox\ESO SavedVariables" "%userprofile%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables"

mklink /j <link> <target>

The <link> folder would be in your Dropbox folder and the <target> would be your ESO AddOns folder. The same goes for your SavedVariables if you want the settings to copy as well. I have the same resolution screens on my desktop and laptop so this works great.

Run both of the lines (or the 1st) in an elevated command prompt (goolge it). Before you create the junction links on the second computer you will want to pause Dropbox so that it does not immediately start updating from the first computer before your junction links are made.

This works best if you use Minion on only one computer since Minion still doesn't detect addons that it did not install.
Keep in mind for OneDrive and Box.net (and others if they don't support junctions correctly) you can flip the folder around and make the link in the ESO folder. I actually use junction links within my addons folder for Addon development -- keeping the main development directory in say C:\dev\eso\ and put a link in my Addon directory to there.

Also, as an alternative to a command-line prompt if you really like links and use them a lot, there's a shell extension so you can make links in explorer: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinks...extension.html

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » minion addons across PCs?