02/12/23, 02:46 AM   #1
quentinlamamy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ESO Api - How to access to player crafting knowledge

Hi ,

I'm trying to understand how to get the actual known crafting style of a player,.i look to LibCharacterKnowledge and i'm a bit confuse (maybe the lack of sleep, code comment or both). Someone has a light to light the fog around my brain.

Ps : Yes i can just use this lib and forgot all the alert of my crazy dev brain yelling : "Never use a code you don't understand", but it will be difficult to sleep if i do that. And i this information may help me to retrieve information about others knowledges

EDIT :

It seems that the IsSmithingStyleKnown method can be the way, But why use such an unexpected semantics for a method name why not just isStyleKnown

Well, i will test that and let you know about this method

Last edited by quentinlamamy : 02/12/23 at 03:28 AM.
02/12/23, 07:33 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by quentinlamamy View Post
Hi ,

It seems that the IsSmithingStyleKnown method can be the way, But why use such an unexpected semantics for a method name why not just isStyleKnown...
It's not unexpected for ZOs because SMITHING (class ZO_Smithing) is the ESO lua name of the crafting tables that got to do with traits and styles
I'd always search the API doc for parts of what you search for, like "known" or "Is*Known" regex. That will provide the best results.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ESO Api - How to access to player crafting knowledge