05/09/22, 01:51 AM   #1
XXXspartiateXXX
French translation proposal for AUI Advanced UI

Hello,

I am French and I updated the translation of AUI - Advanced. Everything is now more consistent, syntax and semantics and various things.
But I can't find a repository on Github. How could I submit it to you here or elsewhere?

Cordially.
05/09/22, 03:55 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Add a comment to the addon please:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Using the addon comments is the 1st step to try as it will be related to the correct addon then and is easier for the devs to find!

Or:

Please contact the author via the addon description page (click on the author name and choose "Send email" or "send private message" from the next website, at the right side below "Contact info").
-> Email contact may be disabled if the user decided to not show the email address!
05/09/22, 05:15 AM   #3
XXXspartiateXXX
Ah thank you ! I didn't think of it that way. Otherwise I had already sent an email a few days ago. But maybe it didn't reach its recipient. It's me who you have submit request for the translation french for "Advanced Filters" on Github ^^.

I also made a request for Destinations on Github because there is the repository of esoui via Sharlikran, seems to me.

If this post is off topic here, feel free to delete it. Sorry.

Last edited by XXXspartiateXXX : 05/09/22 at 05:21 AM.
05/09/22, 09:44 AM   #4
Sharlikran

People show up at 8:00 AM every day to return bottles at a local grocery store I go to. If the door to the area is not open at 8:00 they are angry. It is a reasonable expectation that the door is open at 8:00 and I bet when it isn't open on time there is some policy being violated. I overhear the complaint that the people working at that store should take their job more seriously.

That is work, and ESO is a hobby we do when we are not working.
05/09/22, 10:01 AM   #5
XXXspartiateXXX
I think there is a misunderstanding. There's no anger on my part, impatience or anything. I don't know what left you with this impression ^^. I was just trying to get the message to the right place to the right person ^^. As there are addons that their creator leaves and that other person continues to make live.

I'm used to github where you make a request and wait for it to be processed. On esoui, I'm a little lost. Sorry for that.

Last edited by XXXspartiateXXX : 05/09/22 at 10:05 AM.
05/09/22, 10:24 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No worries, all good.
Off-topic chat is alright too as long as the main topic is solved, which it hopefully was within the first reply

And I guess Sharlikran just wanted to answer "It's done when it's done" so we need to wait (related to your sentence "I also made a request for Destinations on Github")
GitHub is a good way to send in the pull requests and translations too, if there exists a repository which is still up2date/active. I first check that too if I want to contribute translations or other code changes.
Imo it's even better to do it there than handling it in several comments and forum posts. The "todo list" and the methods to help are easier at Github.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/09/22 at 10:28 AM.
05/09/22, 10:47 AM   #7
Sharlikran

Yep, what Baertram said...

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Translation Help » French translation proposal for AUI Advanced UI