03/21/21, 09:28 AM   #1
Odinzz
Addons vanished?

Hi all , so this is odd .. after the patch everything worked fine , but then a couple nights ago I logged on and all my addons just vanished. They are visible in minion and updated , but in the game UI it's all blank and none of them are working. I just uninstalled everything.. game , minion , every file I could find associated with it deleted . Re installed and still the same result.
Any ideas ? I'm stumped .
Thanks

Edit: I have another computer that has the same mods installed and that one works fine... its a win 7 machine .. the one im having issues with is a win 10 if that makes any difference?

Last edited by Odinzz : 03/21/21 at 09:31 AM.
03/21/21, 09:50 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't think of an answer to that but just to eliminate one thing you posted, it isn't caused by there being a difference between win 7 and win 10.

Mods are located in:

C:\Users\[Whatever your user name is]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
Minion downloads them there and the game looks for them there.

Now I do not know if this is the case for every computer, and I do not have windows 10 so I can't help you change this if it is the case for you.

C:\ProgramData\live\AddOns
I have seen the data be stored in that location, so that would mean that the mods are in a different folder then what Minion is using and the game is looking in ProgramData and not the My Documents folder.

You can change where minion looks for mods but you would also have to copy the files to "C:\ProgramData\live\AddOns" manually with Minion closed.

I would not go copying files or creating a ProgramData folder as a troubleshooting step or a solution. Take a look, see what you think, and maybe test with one mod if a ProgramData folder already exists.

Don't just go haphazardly doing things. The usual location is "C:\Users\[Whatever your user name is]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns" and the only way that could change is if you configure windows to use a different folder for documents. However, you have to do that and know how to do it. So it doesn't just change on its own.
03/21/21, 10:19 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Read the uper part how to find your addon folder please:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

The sreenshot idea is basically showing you where your addons need to be!

And search for eso + OneDrive and check if a windows update has enabled OneDrive for you, moving your users folder there as well.
You can disable moving the users folder to onedrive in the OneDrive settings but there are plenty of online discussions about it as well.
03/21/21, 12:07 PM   #4
Odinzz
GOT IT !!!

Thanks guys .. i was so frustrated i didnt see it ...
it was a mix of one drive having the folder in it ( dont know why but whatever lol)
a permissions issue with one drive ..
AND the folder had been moved so ESO didnt see them anymore..
anyway back in business so thanks a ton !

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons vanished?