05/28/21, 06:31 AM   #1
Stalwart385
Looking for inventory management help

I'm sure this is out there. I'm just having trouble finding it. I'm just getting back from a few years not playing and trying to clear up filled inventories on all my charaters.

This can be one mod or multiple:

1. A hotkey or some quick way to lock/unlock gear. Other context menu items would be nice also, like marking/unmarking junk.

2. A way to identify gear that has been collected and is at collectible quality. So one, I don't accidentally break down a noncollectable item, and two, it would cost no upgrade mats to get it back. (IE it marks collected purple monster sets, collected blue dungeon sets, doesn't mark crafted gear, etc.)

Thanks for any help.

Also any suggestions on inventory management in general would be appreciated. I'm not 100% sure how best to utilize the collectible system. There may have been other changes as well.

Last edited by Stalwart385 : 05/28/21 at 08:22 AM.
05/28/21, 08:59 AM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
So, so many addons.
FCO ItemSaver
JunkBuster
Deconstruction Junk Marker
Personal Assistant
Inventory Insight

I use all of those, and probably more. lol
05/28/21, 06:51 PM   #3
Stalwart385
Originally Posted by LoneStar2911 View Post
So, so many addons.
FCO ItemSaver
JunkBuster
Deconstruction Junk Marker
Personal Assistant
Inventory Insight

I use all of those, and probably more. lol
Thanks for the recommendations. I've used some of those in the past I believe. I'm building up inventory insight atm. I think that's the one I used to use to see everything I have at a glance.

Just curious which of those (if any) address the two points I put up. I've got something like 1000 pieces of gear to sort through. Comparing each of them to the collection to see what is and isn't upgraded has been very tedious. I'm only on my second character (6 to go) and it's getting really old. Then once I sort out each charater I have to right-click, unlock like 100+ items.
05/28/21, 07:28 PM   #4
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
If I understand correctly, you're wanting Set Collection Marker (Sticker Book).
05/28/21, 07:44 PM   #5
Stalwart385
If I understand correctly, you're wanting Set Collection Marker (Sticker Book).
Thanks again for helping.

I'm using that one already. It's helping build up my collection. Basically once I'm done filling my collection with everything I have, I'm looking for one that will tell me what is safe to deconstruct.

I'm trying to open up some of my alts to actually play them instead of being full of gear for my main.
05/28/21, 07:50 PM   #6
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
What will be "safe to deconstruct" for you? Something you know the trait of on all of your characters? And/Or knowing whether or not you're saving the gear for another character?

If it's the latter, I recommend FCO ItemSaver. You can create many different markers for gear, and even your own "dynamic" markers. It's tremendously helpful with inventory management. Might take a little setting up, but it's totally worth it.

If you want to know about the traits, I recommend CraftStore.
05/28/21, 08:02 PM   #7
Stalwart385
What will be "safe to deconstruct" for you? Something you know the trait of on all of your characters? And/Or knowing whether or not you're saving the gear for another character?

If it's the latter, I recommend FCO ItemSaver. You can create many different markers for gear, and even your own "dynamic" markers. It's tremendously helpful with inventory management. Might take a little setting up, but it's totally worth it.

If you want to know about the traits, I recommend CraftStore.
I'll try out FCO ItemSaver. I have most traits researched on my crafter but that does remind me to get a mod to track it.

I was looking for this checklist for safe to decon:

1. Is in collection
2. Is at collection quality (don't need resin etc. to get it back)
3. Is bound (otherwise I may try to sell it but not as important)
4. Doesn't have a trait I need (glad you brought that up)
05/29/21, 04:09 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FCOIS got automatic set collection markers for known and unknown. You should install LibMultiAccountSets and login with all your accounts and toons first once to collect the data of all your items.

And maybe install AdvancedFilters and the bound drop down filter plugin.
You can filter your items for known, unknown set collection items, bound and unbound etc. and then mayss mark the currently
shown /filtered items with FCOIS inventory "flag" context menus (top left of the inventory).

FCOIS supports CraftStore so you can automatically mark items with traits you still need to research, across toons, as well.
Check the settings menu Marking, automatic marking. Quality, trait and level can also be used for set items to determine wished and items for decon/sell.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/29/21 at 04:16 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Lock for inventory management help