04/04/24, 04:33 PM   #1
FlopsyPrince
Can Restore in Viewable Area after Minimize

I have 3 monitors (in case that matters).

When I minimize it it Restores someplace outside the viewable area. Any fix for this? I know I can sometimes jump through hoops to move it back to a viewable location, but that is a pain.
04/04/24, 05:44 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Right click the icon in system tray, and choose the menu entry "Reset position".

If the system tray icon is missing go to the settings first and enable the chckbox "Minimize to system tray" there.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/04/24 at 05:47 PM.
04/05/24, 11:44 AM   #3
FlopsyPrince
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Right click the icon in system tray, and choose the menu entry "Reset position".

If the system tray icon is missing go to the settings first and enable the chckbox "Minimize to system tray" there.
I do not either option. I can ultimately select to Move it, but that is wonky and may or may not work since it is located "offscreen" someplace.

Quite annoying. I usually have to kill it and restart it, which is quite silly.

Now I am trying to get it to find the addons it had yesterday.... They came back after reinstalling and tweaking. Not sure why I couldn't add them though, but it is mostly working again.

Last edited by FlopsyPrince : 04/05/24 at 11:56 AM.
04/05/24, 12:02 PM   #4
FlopsyPrince
Note that I can select it, especially using Alt-Space, maXimize it and then drag that window, but that is wonky.

It probably is just picking a location above the viewable area (based on where the Move option starts, upper left corner of my main monitor, which is the same size as the other 2 that are to the right and left of it.)

Do I have any way in the game to have it tell me where it thinks it is (coordinates)? I see the log file, but that just had a bunch of Java messages.

BTW, I would even throw a few dollars toward getting this fixed if that were possible/desired.
04/06/24, 05:30 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The minion.xml should contain the coordinates too. Same folder as the log file afaik
04/19/24, 02:33 PM   #6
FlopsyPrince
The minion.xml should contain the coordinates too. Same folder as the log file afaik
Is this dynamically created? Or an absolute? I am not sure the visible coordinate of any location on my screens though.

Though every other app I have reopens where it was so this behavior is very odd.
04/19/24, 02:44 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The xml is created once as the Minion program was run afaik, and after that it's only updated with the saved games, path, addons installed, and the UI settings you choose (including the current position).
The position is saved as offset as it seems -> See below.

But it seems the software got poblems with multiple monitors and thus can save offsets/positions out of sight.

The xml can be found here (enter that into the address field of a windows explorer):
Code:
%USERPROFILE%\.minion\minion.xml
In the xml there should be an entry like this:
Code:
<client>

<position height="727.0" width="1220.0" x="100.0" y="100.0"/>
The x and y offsets maybe something out of sight for you then, try to reset them to 10 each so it'Stop left again.
04/22/24, 10:51 PM   #8
FlopsyPrince
The xml is created once as the Minion program was run afaik, and after that it's only updated with the saved games, path, addons installed, and the UI settings you choose (including the current position).
The position is saved as offset as it seems -> See below.

But it seems the software got poblems with multiple monitors and thus can save offsets/positions out of sight.

The xml can be found here (enter that into the address field of a windows explorer):
Code:
%USERPROFILE%\.minion\minion.xml
In the xml there should be an entry like this:
Code:
<client>

<position height="727.0" width="1220.0" x="100.0" y="100.0"/>
The x and y offsets maybe something out of sight for you then, try to reset them to 10 each so it'Stop left again.
I will dig into it when I can then. Too bad the program can't catch that.

Mine says:

<position height="725.3333129882812" width="1218.6666259765625" x="2660.0" y="140.0"/>

Not sure what that should be. 140 for Y should be visible, I would think. But that is when the program is visible. Same when it is minimized. Hard to know what it should be. Selecting it from the taskbar and hitting Alt-Space brings up the context menu in the upper left of my main/middle screen. Maximize and then dragging that does show it again. I can sometimes Move it as well, but that is more wonky.
04/23/24, 03:45 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
x="2660.0"
Depending on your screen resolution this is on your 2nd screen. 1st would be max 1920 e.g.
I guess Minion is bulding the sum of 2+ monitors widht's

I wonder why you do not see the Minion icon in the system tray?
So you can right click it an choose reset position

Try that ALT+Space -> then minimize.
If I minimize Minion it goes away from my taskbar directly as icon to the systemtray.
Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #10
FlopsyPrince
x="2660.0"
Depending on your screen resolution this is on your 2nd screen. 1st would be max 1920 e.g.
I guess Minion is bulding the sum of 2+ monitors widht's

I wonder why you do not see the Minion icon in the system tray?
So you can right click it an choose reset position

Try that ALT+Space -> then minimize.
If I minimize Minion it goes away from my taskbar directly as icon to the systemtray.
I do not have a Reset Position option on the taskbar item, nor right clicking the minion icon from there. I am running Windows 11, but I remember it being the same for Windows 10.

It looks like the system tray is different, but I am not sure how to get Minion to show up there instead of the task bar.

I can Shift-right click the icon in the taskbar and it brings up the menu with Move on it. Selecting that and using an arrow key seems to jump the window to a visible spot, though I still wish it would just be visible when restored like other apps.

Last edited by FlopsyPrince : Yesterday at 11:47 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Can Restore in Viewable Area after Minimize