07/25/22, 08:26 PM   #1
Owaci7
unable to get Minion back up

Played Eso w/Minion for six years. I'm old over all the gibberish in how to get minion back.

I have discord and willing to be guided through whatever I need to do. Please, playing the game w/o adds is killing my old hands. I'd appreciate wise words greatly.
07/26/22, 02:02 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello Owaci7,

I'll move your thread to the Minion forum.
I'm not providing Discord help sorry, maybe someone else is able to.

All I can offer is to help you here in the forum:
Could you please provide more information what is not working with Minion:
Do you get any error message?
Or does it start but not show anything?
Do you see the User Interface of Minion after start?
Do you see the list of addons or is it just a blank User Interface saying to load something?

Any more info would be nice and could help.

Also please use a windows file explorer (press WIN+E on your keyboard to open it), navigate to
Code:
C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\
There should be 2 files, Minion.log and Minion.xml
Please select both files, right click and choose "Send to" -> "ZIP compressed folder".
Create the zip file with it (a compressed archive to shrink the file size of the 2 files and put them into 1 file together) and then
attach this zip file to your next answer post here please -> There is an attachment box below the text editbox of your post, the headline names
"Attach files" and you need to click on the "Manage attachments" button. A new window opens where you need to choose the zip file you have created and click on the "upper" Upload button (next to the 5 file selection boxes).

Here is a list of other troubleshooting information (which maybe all unknown stuff for you bu reading them may enlighten you ):
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

If nothing works in the end we can try to deinstall Minion and re-install the 32bit version from this link: https://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/v3/Minion3.0.5-32bit.exe

Many thanks

Last edited by Baertram : 07/26/22 at 02:05 AM.
07/29/22, 07:01 PM   #3
Owaci7
Unhappy unable to locate minion

(C windows, users, my name = No minion
(C windows, users, mahetaha, one drive, documents, Elder Scrolls, live, Addons list of Minions eso addons

In my Add/remove apps: Minion 189MB ( attempted to Uninstall Minion, Error msg: Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5 Access denied.
I thought deleting Minion and reinstalling would fix things which was obviously not something I should have done not knowing enough to do it right.
I thought removing and reinstalling would work, all the while forgetting about the addons.
Is there anyway to fix my mess? I'm willing to reinstall the necessary addons for me, but....right now will do nothing to further my death into the abbess of ESO.
Kind sir, or miss, I appreciate your guidance.
Owaci
07/30/22, 11:35 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi again,

Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud saving software which is known to not work properly with ESO and Minion.
Especially if you have setup OneDrive to save your "users documents" folder (which is c:\users\your windows username\documents) to OneDrive (that's why your folder is C:\users\mahetaha\one drive\documents now).

Please start teh OneDrive UI, open the settings, and disable the backup of your users documents folder at the OneDrive settings (maybe it's located at the "Synchronized folders" and you need to deselect that folder of Elder Scrolls and Minion then!).

Error msg: Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5 Access denied.
This sounds like you do not have the rights to access the Minion folder.
Close OneDrive and try again before uninstalling Minion. If this does not help you need to run the uninstaller exe file with a SHIFT + right click > run as admin directly from the Minion installation folder.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » unable to get Minion back up