02/24/20, 06:05 AM   #1
mronkain
Feature request: Possibility to see update dates in YYMMDD format

Reason for this is obvious: when you check what updates have been updated last (in the update log) they are not in chronological order, as the date is now MMDDYY. If you could change the date to YYMMDD or at least allow the user to do so, you could see at one glance which addons were update for example after the last patch.

EDIT: I do realize, that this can be (to some effect) achieved in the Installed tab choosing "Sort by date", but there's one shortcoming in this. You can't see the dates they were updated, you have to click the pop-up window of each addon open to see the date. In a list mode (as they are in the update log) you could easily see the dates and see which ones are updated after the latest patch.

Last edited by mronkain : 02/24/20 at 06:23 AM.
02/24/20, 06:26 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some other users already asked for it in other threads here in the forum. The answer was:
Not anymore in Minion 3.
Minion 4 will provide such a feature but as it is developed "when there is time" we need to wait.

Btw: I'd definately disable the auto update of addons feature within Minion!
You should always read the changelog of updated addons for infos like "Backup your SavedVariables", "New library added as dependency" etc. and then update the addons either by the "Update all" buttopn or click on each addon you REALLY WANT TO UPDATE manually.

And be logged out as this happens as being logged in might not recognize newly installed libraries properly.

It's up to you in the end but the auto update feature imo is not that good.
Oh and you can always check the live/AddOns folder with your windows explorer to see which folder was changed when. There is a sorting available so you can see what was updated last.
02/25/20, 02:29 AM   #3
Micke2nd
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Why do you believe that ? The highest version number e.g. in your addons is 6.5 .
A change to 20.2.25 (yy.mm.dd) would still lead to (6.5 < 20.2.25) == true .
If there are already addon versions above 20.x at the database, yyyy.mm.dd would solve this.

Originally Posted by mronkain View Post
Reason for this is obvious: ....
vote +1
mnemonic IDs have always advantages
02/25/20, 07:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I don't get what your post got to do with my answer there?
I was talking about disabling the auto update, and not any version vs. date comparisons?

Originally Posted by Micke2nd View Post
Why do you believe that ? The highest version number e.g. in your addons is 6.5 .
A change to 20.2.25 (yy.mm.dd) would still lead to (6.5 < 20.2.25) == true .
If there are already addon versions above 20.x at the database, yyyy.mm.dd would solve this.
02/25/20, 09:42 AM   #5
Micke2nd
sorry I misinterpreted the initial post respectively whats the target.
Because in my opinion the version number should contain the canonical date, what would simplify the sort function and people would see the 'update date' at the first view (what I thought is requested).
02/25/20, 12:53 PM   #6
mronkain
Some other users already asked for it in other threads here in the forum. The answer was:
Not anymore in Minion 3.
Minion 4 will provide such a feature but as it is developed "when there is time" we need to wait.
Damn. Too bad, I think this wouldn't be much of a trouble to do (if you know what you're doing, which I wouldn't).

You should always read the changelog of updated addons for infos like "Backup your SavedVariables", "New library added as dependency" etc. and then update the addons either by the "Update all" buttopn or click on each addon you REALLY WANT TO UPDATE manually.
Probably a good idea and I had it set up like this before, but since I'm lazy, I've found this more convenient and haven't had any trouble yet. It's been on for about a year now.

Oh and you can always check the live/AddOns folder with your windows explorer to see which folder was changed when. There is a sorting available so you can see what was updated last.
Now this is a good idea and easy to do, thanks.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Feature request: Possibility to see update dates in YYMMDD format