08/14/18, 10:26 PM   #1
User819
Console Group Frames on PC UI

Hello.

I have been lately testing my trial(raid) peformance on my ESO. I have disabled all of my addons, and noticed huge FPS increase. I have then started enabling my addons one by one, to see what's causing the FPS decrease(10-20fps less with addons). I have found out, that it is the group frame addon. I have tried FTC, AUI, JoGroup, LUI and many other, and pretty much any addon that creates a custom group frame, kills fps. I have tested this for few hours, in a raid, turning it off and on and with the game's default UI, you get literally 10-20 fps boost.

If you google this issue, you can see other people have came to the same conclusion such as this person here:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ible-solutions
"Second, I removed addons that modify the group frame. Those particularly trashed my game's performance, causing intense stuttering and freezing."

To the get to the main point. The default group UI of the game, is really bad. This is what it looks like:

Now, the console UI for the group frames is FAR superior and better looking, like this:

Now my question is, is it possible for someone to write an addon that would enable the console group frame, while using the PC UI? I don't want to switch all together to the console UI for everything as I don't like most elements from it, like the inventory etc, I just want the group frames part of it. I don't want any modifications to the default PC UI, as with so many tests, it causes huge fps drops. I just want to use the game's original console UI for group frames only, while on the PC UI.

Thank you.

Last edited by User819 : 08/14/18 at 10:41 PM.
08/15/18, 01:29 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Most likely this will give you the same fps drop as the other addons do as the code to build the group frames is self written and depending on API functions which one needs to use.
So even if it's possible there will be the same fps drop or lag for you imo.
08/16/18, 08:57 AM   #3
User819
But that's the thing, why does it need to be rebuilt? The console group UI already exists on the PC version of the game, it's just disabled by default unless you plug in a controller and enable the whole UI of console version. Isn't it just possible to trick the game, and enable console group frames while using PC UI? For exmaple, Azurah is able to manipulate default UI elements without rebuilding them.
08/16/18, 09:13 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not that easy, no.
There are addons trying to achieve this like AdvancedDisableControllUI but they hack into base game and destroy many other addons this way.
08/16/18, 05:28 PM   #5
User819
I see. Another question then, is it possible to just somehow remove the "Group 1, Group 2, Group 3" text when in a 12 raid group? Azurah is able to remove parts of default UI, so perhaps that can be done easily?
08/17/18, 03:39 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I guess so, yes.
They are controls which one can find using the addon zgoo.
Install it, then move your mouse over these controls and type into chat:

/zgoo mouse

A window of ZGOO will open and show you info about the controls.
There is one entry :GetName which will show you the name of the control.
Write me the control names here of all the ones you wish to remove and I can add this maybe to my addon "FCO ChangeStuff" as a new option for the group frame.
I need to find out when they would reappear so I can properly hide them again then. But at least I got the control names to search for then.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Console Group Frames on PC UI