08/22/18, 11:57 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
is this red icon from eso or an addon ?

Each time i cast magelight IV i have now this red icon popping on my screen.

I tested with my addons but i can not find which one would do it.

Any idea to help me find out which one it is ?

Thank you
08/22/18, 12:54 PM   #2
Lakashi

New Feature

It is a new feature in Wolfhunter. It was added to show players who have a detect stealth effect running. "A visual effect will now appear over your character’s head when using Detection Potions, Magelight, or Expert Hunter to notify other players of your ability to see sneaking/invisible enemies."
08/22/18, 01:00 PM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by Lakashi View Post
It is a new feature in Wolfhunter. It was added to show players who have a detect stealth effect running. "A visual effect will now appear over your character’s head when using Detection Potions, Magelight, or Expert Hunter to notify other players of your ability to see sneaking/invisible enemies."
oh .... thank you for answering.

i will just not use this skill anymore then. This icon is so huge and obtrusive, they could have do something less horrible than this. Way to go to make the UI hideous.

But again thank you
08/22/18, 01:35 PM   #4
Kyoma
They really should add an option to disable/hide this, together with the block visual
08/22/18, 01:48 PM   #5
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
They really should add an option to disable/hide this, together with the block visual
Guess we need an AddOn for it like always
08/22/18, 01:52 PM   #6
Kyoma
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Guess we need an AddOn for it like always
Pretty sure addons cant do anything about it right now since it isn't an element on the screen but actually above the character.
08/23/18, 01:54 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe one can use RedirectTexture function if we find out which texture is used there, and exchange it with NIL or another, smaller texture.
08/23/18, 05:25 AM   #8
Letho
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Maybe one can use RedirectTexture function if we find out which texture is used there, and exchange it with NIL or another, smaller texture.
AFAIK it's part of the rendered game world. #noAddonAccesHere ^^
08/23/18, 07:31 AM   #9
Anceane

i really wonder who decided of this horrible effect. Not its use but i am sur something could have be done more elegant.

Depending of my position on the screen, this thing can take over the half superior of my whole screen. If this is something created to alert other players, there should have been an option, more even at it seems targeted more for pvp.

I am playing ESO for multiple reasons but one important of them is the beauty of it (view, atmosphere). Way to break it.
What is the use of this in pve ?

THough i even wonder of its right use in pvp. So i decide no sneak my way to suprise an enemy, and to be safe i take a detection potion in case i cross any stealth .... and oh wonder of the technology..... we suddenly see each other with a big red eye above us. I guess sneaking is now stupid, as big brother is with us in ESO.

So while you are at it, remove the detection potion, the detection skills as they are totally useless now and let us play as it should be.

Or is this just the beginning and we will find us soon with mutilple signs to alert anyone of anything. I guess the last sign you do not expect then would be mine : go on like this a little more and i will definitly play the game less and less.

Last edited by Anceane : 08/23/18 at 07:40 AM.
08/23/18, 11:48 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You should write this to the official forums I guess
But I totally agree! If you decide to add such horrible effects and stuff give us the possibility to disable it if we don't need it.
or at least offer the way for addons, so give us API functions to alter or hide them!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » is this red icon from eso or an addon ?