04/22/14, 11:21 PM   #1
Aulakauss
Minion does not install right; doesn't boot

EDIT: Apparently, my computer is made out of derp and failure. It was somehow updating its x32 version. Took me a moment to realize this (why does my x64 computer even bloody have this?) and manually download the C++ x64 package.

I'm now beating my computer with a stick for its silliness while it installs updates for Minion. You can disregard my thread. At least now I have an account here for future use!

If anyone else runs into this: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010; x64 Package

Old Post:
When trying to open Minion, I get the following errors in sequence.

Minion.exe - System Error
The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Error loading jvm.dll
Failed to launch JVM
Have tried reinstalling. I'm sure I'm screwing something basic up, but I can't imagine what. I installed as Administrator. Am running Windows 8.1. I checked and my Microsoft Visual C++ IS up to date according to Microsoft. I am willing to readily accept that it is lying to my face, though.

Last edited by Aulakauss : 04/22/14 at 11:36 PM. Reason: My computer is a moron; added link
04/22/14, 11:28 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Just follow the directions in this answer and it should get you up and running. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...dll-is-missing

64bit 2010 download link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=13523

Thanks!

Last edited by Dolby : 04/22/14 at 11:31 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion does not install right; doesn't boot