04/08/14, 02:53 PM   #1
Tingle0x539
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unable to find ability tooltip info elements

I have been searching long and hard using zgoo and other methods. But I am unable to find the GUI elements that hold the "AbilityTooltip" or "SkillTooltip" information. Can someone help me find the correct element names? My goal is to add additional text inside the tooltip of skills.
04/10/14, 06:20 AM   #2
Vicster0

I've also been attempting a similar procedure with the PopupTooltip and ItemTooltip and let me tell, it hasn't been easy.

I've got PopupTooltip half working using the lastLink that is associated to it but ItemTooltip will be another battle entirely as it appears to have no data on the item itself... I'm till researching but something tells me that in this case (as well as yours) what we will need to focus on is the control that calls for the Tooltip to be shown as it is likely to have the data we are looking for and only using that to format the Tooltips rather than supply the Item (or ability in your case) directly to the Tooltip.

I will let you know if I find anything useful...
04/10/14, 01:10 PM   #3
Nogaruk
I don't know if you have already looked at it or if it will be of any help, but the control frame in the center of the crafting stations creation panel for smithing, woodworking, and clothier is actually a Tooltip control type.

It is the only one I have found that I can actually use /zgoo mouse on since obviously most tooltips just disappear when you try to mouse over them. Maybe it will help you figure out how to find a control that calls tooltips.
04/10/14, 01:17 PM   #4
Vicster0

Another suggestion for running /zgoo mouse against a tooltip is what I have been doing:

/w [@youraccount] [itemLink]

Whisper yourself an item link (or in \say if you do't care who thinks you're being weird linking random items in \say) then click that link.

That will spawn a control of type PopupTooltip which I believe inherits TooltipBase which I believe is the same Tooltip that ItemTooltip inherits (if I am remembering correctly...). Either way, it is still a Tooltip.

The problem still remains that Tooltips do not appear to contain data on what items they are representing. With the exception of the PopupTooltip, which stores a variable ['lastLink']=[[itemLink]] for the purposes of closing the Tooltip when you click the link again, I believe that Tooltips are generally created and populated by their calling function or parent.

Still researching though...

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Unable to find ability tooltip info elements