03/29/15, 09:37 AM   #1
eeek28
Wink Healer Addon create Request

As a Healer I would love to know if it is worth resurrecting the guy on the ground first or last - as they may have taken ages to accept or decline before, as we all know you cannot res someone else until that person has accept/decline your res. I think this would be difficult to implement in an Addon, but not techie enough so I'm asking.

Also, as we have the ever great Kill Counter, could there be one for the Healer in terms of resurrecting. I would find it interesting how many and whom I have res'd. And would it be possible to record who has res'd you in return.

Healing and Resurrecting are neglected in terms of addons as well as in the game, but maybe an addon could change that.
03/29/15, 11:36 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't understand your request ..

If you rez someone : He got few seconds to accept. While this time you can rez someone else.

(I'm templar and already rezzed tons of peoples).

For KillCounter, you should leave a comment on the addon page.

The only thing maybe useful will be a countdown for that specified person, to both rezzer and rezzed person. and maybe other people if it's possible.
03/29/15, 12:33 PM   #3
eeek28
If you rez someone : He got few seconds to accept. While this time you can rez someone else.
er I know this... sometimes people do not accept the res straight away - they wait - this is what I refer to, you try and res someone else in the meantime, but because you are waiting for someone to accept/decline your previous res you cannot resurrect someone else.

I use KillCounter as an example, that is all, something similar to it maybe(?)

I think its best you think before posting about any of my comments if you do not understand, or pm me huh? Making my request look like a stupid post is not appreciated.

Edit: I too am a Templar, since Apr 2014 - what has that got to do with anything?

Last edited by eeek28 : 03/29/15 at 12:38 PM.
03/30/15, 05:20 PM   #4
Balver

Originally Posted by eeek28 View Post
Edit: I too am a Templar, since Apr 2014 - what has that got to do with anything?
As a Templar for this long you actually should know that. We have a passive skill that allows us to rez players faster with more life and the chance to fill a soulgem which makes the Templar the superior rezzer.
03/30/15, 11:07 PM   #5
BornDownUnder
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
I don't understand your request ..

(I'm templar and already rezzed tons of peoples).

The only thing maybe useful will be a countdown for that specified person, to both rezzer and rezzed person. and maybe other people if it's possible.
I believe the intention of the request is something like:

'This person dead here is likely to wait until the battle is over, or likely to wait for 10-15+ seconds before they accept the revive... While this person laying dead here will accept the revive immediately & get straight back into the fray or assist with reviving others'.

I also like the idea of a revive counter, it is mostly what I do in pve and pvp. Perhaps the author of Kill Counter could implement it as an off-shoot (If possible by means of api)
03/30/15, 11:40 PM   #6
votan

Maybe the other way round?
Persons requesting a "rez" in chat channel get highlighted. The highlight fades over time and must be renewed as some kind of "Keep alive", ahm "Get alive"
Persons AFK or not willing to respond, are not highlighted.

Just an idea.
03/31/15, 01:53 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The chat thing won't work as ppl are too busy to chat when they are dead
04/11/15, 02:53 PM   #8
eeek28
Originally Posted by Balver View Post
As a Templar for this long you actually should know that. We have a passive skill that allows us to rez players faster with more life and the chance to fill a soulgem which makes the Templar the superior rezzer.
what the hell you talking about... I do know this, and it has nothing to do with what I asked for!

Originally Posted by votan View Post
Maybe the other way round?
Persons requesting a "rez" in chat channel get highlighted. The highlight fades over time and must be renewed as some kind of "Keep alive", ahm "Get alive"
Persons AFK or not willing to respond, are not highlighted.
now someone who knows what I mean
04/12/15, 06:26 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As far as I know you cannot add some visual effects to the players or chnage the textures of their armor etc.
So there won#t be any possibillity to "highlight" them.
You must read the chat to see who wrote something or build an addon that tracks the chat say and group channel for a playername writing some special word like "rez" and then show it on a new small window on your UI where the player's name would be listed and blinking. Maybe with a timer difference since he wrote the word rez to the chat and the time now.

What could be possible is that you may change the texture of the icon above their head, but you cannot change the color!
You could then cycle some different textures above their head, changing every second, so you could notice them. But they will stay white!
I'm not sure how to do this, maybe the author of the addon "PapaCrown" got an idea.

In both cases I'm not interested in doing this addon as I don't think ppl say "rez" to the chat. In my opinion they just say it into teamspeak/ventrilo or you, as the healer, decide whom to rez as priority. Teach your ppl to not go away during fight and you are fine :-)

Last edited by Baertram : 04/12/15 at 06:29 AM.
04/12/15, 06:41 AM   #10
Area51
Changing Icon Above Head

The function to change the icons is a bit buggy... would likely cause a crash.

For group member / team status it might be possible to use minimap... i know it has options to show combat state of group players, etc... i don't use it myself though.

ESO should implement something at least showing the names of peeps without having to hover exactly over their body...a bit frustrating that is.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
As far as I know you cannot add some visual effects to the players or chnage the textures of their armor etc.
So there won#t be any possibillity to "highlight" them.
You must read the chat to see who wrote something or build an addon that tracks the chat say and group channel for a playername writing some special word like "rez" and then show it on a new small window on your UI where the player's name would be listed and blinking. Maybe with a timer difference since he wrote the word rez to the chat and the time now.

What could be possible is that you may change the texture of the icon above their head, but you cannot change the color!
You could then cycle some different textures above their head, changing every second, so you could notice them. But they will stay white!
I'm not sure how to do this, maybe the author of the addon "PapaCrown" got an idea.

In both cases I'm not interested in doing this addon as I don't think ppl say "rez" to the chat. In my opinion they just say it into teamspeak/ventrilo or you, as the healer, decide whom to rez as priority. Teach your ppl to not go away during fight and you are fine :-)

Last edited by Area51 : 04/12/15 at 06:45 AM.
05/21/15, 07:24 AM   #11
Argusus
You could write an addon that would add a special icon or change the style of their health bar in the group frame. There are several add-ons that'd style the group frame. I'm thinking you'd just need to hook the rez event (if one exists) and add a styling or highlights effect to their name in the group frame or you can popup a window that displays any character names that have a rez pending .. Just thinking out loud..

Is that what you are talking about?
05/21/15, 07:56 AM   #12
Minceraft

Hmmmm...a VALID point

Got an idea for you!
Gonna look around at the code for the revive stuff and then see if we can't make a list of everyone you've revived after this addon would be loaded...say,create an onPlayerRes() handler or something, then it wouldn't be much harder than adding a note to their name on that list and/or having a different color appear when you target them in-game...It could actually work with other addons that deal well with GetPlayerTarget("reticleover"), like FTC. Just tell it where to find our new info! So, when you targeted over their body, our data would appear with an icon or a color! Would that work? Would call it FieldMedic, or something catchy!

Maybe have four different settable colors to start with: Green: they accept a rez quickly, on through yellow, orange and finally red for slow lagging res acceptors.
I know i would like to help the healers of my alliance res as fast as possible, and you bring a valid point to the table.... You CAN'T REZ anyone else until the other one accepts....so a guy in a field by himself doesn't accept the rez right away cause he's afk or something, you can't heal someone on the main battlefield...it sucks!

Pm me with any Ideas you have, as I'll get em quicker and we could work on this together!

Last edited by Minceraft : 05/21/15 at 07:58 AM.
05/27/15, 06:41 AM   #13
eeek28
Originally Posted by Minceraft View Post
Got an idea for you!
Gonna look around at the code for the revive stuff and then see if we can't make a list of everyone you've revived after this addon would be loaded...say,create an onPlayerRes() handler or something, then it wouldn't be much harder than adding a note to their name on that list and/or having a different color appear when you target them in-game...It could actually work with other addons that deal well with GetPlayerTarget("reticleover"), like FTC. Just tell it where to find our new info! So, when you targeted over their body, our data would appear with an icon or a color! Would that work? Would call it FieldMedic, or something catchy!

Maybe have four different settable colors to start with: Green: they accept a rez quickly, on through yellow, orange and finally red for slow lagging res acceptors.
I know i would like to help the healers of my alliance res as fast as possible, and you bring a valid point to the table.... You CAN'T REZ anyone else until the other one accepts....so a guy in a field by himself doesn't accept the rez right away cause he's afk or something, you can't heal someone on the main battlefield...it sucks!

Pm me with any Ideas you have, as I'll get em quicker and we could work on this together!
This is exactly what I was trying to explain in my first post - nice thinking there buddy. Something similar to KillCounter - that author liked this idea, but couldn't spare the time on it

Last edited by eeek28 : 05/31/15 at 07:56 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Healer Addon create Request