11/01/18, 10:43 PM   #1
hammerstringz
PC Keeps Crashing

I use plenty of addons, so it took me a long while to discover a few things as my PC just turns off as soon as I logout, reload ui, or something else random. I selected to not allow out of date addons, logged in, reload ui and it didn't crash. I selected to allow out of date again & started de-selecting 2 addons at a time then tried to reload ui or logout and would always end up turning off pc. It got down to the point where it seemed the library files connected to libstub weren't working correctly for me. I just did a windows 10 update yesterday b/c the pc was crashing in game then too so I immediately checked for video driver & windows updates. I updated the windows 10 yesterday and everything worked great. I logged in this evening and everything was back to crashing with no updates available. Any clue as to what I do? Why are my lib files seemingly being problematic?
11/02/18, 02:31 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

The lib files cannot be crashing your pc to turn off.
They could freeze your pc so the game client crashes, thats all.

If your pc crashes and turns off its most likely a hardware or driver issue.

Did you check the windows event viewer after crashes? I t sometimes provides valuable information.

The last time I had such pc turn off problems my power supply was getting damaged. The 12v line was not delivering enough A constantly and if the cpu & Gpu were on duty (like after a reloadui) it just got a high peak and switched off.
The windows event viewer told me something about power loss/critical error then.

Check if your motherboard and hardware got firmware updates too, sometimes it fixes such problems. Or update your bios!
11/02/18, 07:57 AM   #3
hammerstringz
I've had that power supply problem before, so I upgraded. Where do I find a windows event? The pc just turns off by itself, nothing pops up first. I'll also check the firmware updates. Thanks
11/02/18, 08:10 AM   #4
hammerstringz
The only firmware that needed updated drivers was AMD SMBus. I downloaded that, so hopefully perhaps that was the problem? Going to try the game out again and see if it crashes after logout.
11/02/18, 08:27 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by hammerstringz View Post
Where do I find a windows event?
On Windows 10 you can just press Win+X to open a menu with all kinds of administrative tools. The third entry from the top should be "Event Viewer".
11/02/18, 08:28 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Search for Windows Event viewer online and you'll find plenty of hints, videos etc.
Or check the windows implemented search, WIN key + type "event viewer".
-> Check online how to handle and search in it properly.

Ok if the power supply is good enough it could also be a broken USB port where the inner parts are "connecting to each other".

Or if you sometimes get "neon green/purple" sprinkles on your screen the GPU is maybe overheating.
So you need to clean it from dust, but be sure to be gently and check online how to do this without damaging it (without power connected at all!!!), especially the fan needs attention. You should block it so it does not runs too fast by the air stream of a vacuum cleaner).

Or if it just turns off without any error message the RAM could be a problem as well. You could get a RAM check tool online, like: "MemTest" (or others).

Or (but I do not think this would crash the pc totally. It could freeze but shouödn't turn off immediately) the harddrive is damaged. Check the hdd's SMART state in the bios + let windows do a harddrive check for bad sectors.

If the PC really just switches itsself off it got to do with too much energy consumption at a time, or maybe a broken motherboard, or a internal short circuit like with a USB connection etc.

Last idea:
Check online with your motherboard name and model number + gpu name and model number if there are similar issues reported by other users.
Maybe ask at www.tomshardware.com or others
But be sure to provide all information like windows version, patch level, motherboard, gpu, cpu, cpu cooler, temperatures, etc.
Everything you get from your bios or windows hardware manager, so they can help you.

Btw: Do you play any other games with a good CPU and GPU usage, like newer online shooters?
Are they suffering from the same problem?
If not it could be some ESO issue, like the engine used for ESO, or a driver issue for you as well.

Maybe install earlier/older GPU drivers again?

Last edited by Baertram : 11/02/18 at 08:32 AM.
11/02/18, 08:49 AM   #7
hammerstringz
After checking windows events, I seem to have LOTS of errors/warnings etc... wow.. I did a quick YouTube video of it b/c I'm not really sure at what I'm looking at.

https://youtu.be/1HeR6Kr88xw
11/02/18, 09:16 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I guess the critrical ones with klernel power are the ones telling you teh "power loss" of your pc.
Maybe double click them and check the entries there if you get more information about any driver name, or "last action" before the power loss arrived.

There is also a link in the details "With more information" from Microsoft where they show you some standard text but maybe something to help you too.

Sometimes there are error codes or key words in the event details which you use to search (google) for and get additonal information.
11/02/18, 09:37 AM   #9
hammerstringz
Thank you for looking at this. I'm going to take it to Best Buy and see if they can test the power supply and maybe do another replacement after having it done a couple years ago.
11/02/18, 09:44 AM   #10
votan

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-without-clean

Once you logout or reload ui data is written to storage.
Just a test: What happens, if you create a copy of the "Elder Scroll Online" folder in your Documents while ESO is running?
Sounds silly, because normally nothing should happen. I know.
11/03/18, 04:55 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

Seems there are more people with the same problem, so it could be a windows update or driver update afterall: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscroll...hing_the_game/
11/08/18, 08:59 AM   #12
calia1120

Take a look at Performance Monitor as well. See what kind of data it's tracking.

If Windows 10,right click on the Start button, and you should get a bunch of options. Event Viewer should be there. Also, once you get into the Windows Event Viewer, if you expand the lower log sections, you can enable additional log sections for whatever sections you choose.

Generally the operational logs under each heading are the most useful. Right click to enable, then again and go into properties, you can specify the log output location, as well as adjust the log file size, whether or not the log overwrites itself when full, or creates additional archive files.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » PC Keeps Crashing