03/02/16, 10:11 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Upgrade Day!

Calling all addon authors. Have you prepared your addons for Update 9?
March 7th is drawing closer and time is running out.
In order to encourage better addon quality and help each other gain some motivation, I plan to hold the first ever "Upgrade Day" on Saturday, March 5th.
It's an all day event and everyone is free to come and go when they have time. We will use the ESOUI forum, Gitter and the ESOUI guild on PTS to coordinate.

What is going to happen?
There are two major parts to it:
  • Testing and fixing all submitted addons
  • Updating the Wiki for 100014

For the first part, please post a comment and let me know which addons you plan to test or fix.
It should look something like this:
Code:
addon name, state (e.g. needs update, needs testing), download link
I will put all of these in a big list so we can track the progress.

Everyone is encouraged to test their own and other authors addons on the PTS and report any bugs they find.
If you have your own addons to fix, you can get immediate feedback from other people who want to help test it.
Should you already have finished everything, you can ask other authors if they require help and take a look at reported bugs for their addons.

All bugs will be tracked in a central place (google doc or some bugtracker or similar, I am open for ideas) and when the day is over, hopefully all of them are fixed and all addons in the list are marked as ready.

The other huge task that we need to tackle is updating the wiki for the new API. This is not a given and won't happen on its own.
Until now it was mostly done by a few individuals (especially Ayantir), but a wiki is a crowd sourced platform so we can and should do this together.
Ayantir has already updated some pages and also has written a few guides on how upgrading the reference pages works. The necessary information and links can be found in the opening post in this thread.

EDIT: The todo list can be found here.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 03/04/16 at 10:03 AM.
03/02/16, 10:12 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Here is the list of my addons that are still not ready:
AwesomeGuildStore, update & test, dropbox
Chat2Clipboard, update & test, addon page
sidTools, update & test, addon page
SocialIndicators, update & test, addon page
sidWarTools, update & test, dropbox
AdvancedGuildRosterFilters, update & test, addon page
Undaunted Daily, update & test, addon page

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 03/05/16 at 02:05 AM.
03/02/16, 11:02 AM   #3
merlight
tl;dr: I'm probably out completely.

I haven't really played since Orsinium launch. In January I logged twice or thrice to check mail and guild store. Mid-February I couldn't even log in, got disconnected on character selection or loading screen. Yesterday I tried again, weren't disconnected but after a few minutes on loading screen the tri-alliance symbol stopped spinning for good. Two years ago I would've made great effort to fix these issues, but not anymore, sorry... I will go do something else.
03/02/16, 11:12 AM   #4
Ayantir

I'l be here.

I did my todolist of some things that are not yet ready for u9 - 2.3; i'll post them later.

For the wiki

-> regrp the how-to update main pages
-> Update API (won't do this until data is not extractable).
-> Build something to keep users changes on "main pages"
-> Update texture list
-> Move Dumper dumps on Wiki

Game ->

Extract data for textures (I just launched it).

+ 15 addons already ok..

@Merlight : That's a bad news, you are a great helper a great coder, I hope you'll find something to keep you here still a bit. anyways I wish you to have fun on other games
03/02/16, 11:50 AM   #5
l3x0r
Thanks sirinsidiator this is a wonderfull idea to host an "event" like this
Even though I'm not a developer myself I would like to use this thread and try to safe one of my most beloved addons FTC (Foundry Tactical Combat). Atropos (the current developer) is not really back at the game yet and seeks for help to maintain this addon as described here (sadly noone replied yet :/).
FTC didnt receive a update in a long time. He has, however, made sure that everyone who can code has the chance to fix bugs/upgrade the addon by forking his github repo located here. I'm sure if you submit a pull request to fix certain things he would be glad to merge them, so if some brave developer is out there who might be able to fix current bugs with the addon and/or update and enhance it - now is your time

Please dont let this wonderfull addon die
03/02/16, 11:58 AM   #6
Ayantir

If you want to update FTC, contact Atropos. He won't retire totally, he just need help. Don't fork it before he's still here please.
03/02/16, 08:23 PM   #7
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
tl;dr: I'm probably out completely.

I haven't really played since Orsinium launch. In January I logged twice or thrice to check mail and guild store. Mid-February I couldn't even log in, got disconnected on character selection or loading screen. Yesterday I tried again, weren't disconnected but after a few minutes on loading screen the tri-alliance symbol stopped spinning for good. Two years ago I would've made great effort to fix these issues, but not anymore, sorry... I will go do something else.
go into your SavedVariables and remove the ZO_Ingame.lua. This shoud fix the loading screen.
03/03/16, 02:11 AM   #8
@AlphaLemming

Because of my small internet connection i do not have a PTR client to test addons.
If someone has time to test - here are my two addons:
AlphaGear
CraftStore
I expect no major problems with them. Thanks in advance.
03/03/16, 02:36 AM   #9
QuadroTony
Banned
personally i do not like upgrade my addons in the few week after new DLC

because the list of addons will be flooded with updated addons
i usually doing it abit later

Last edited by QuadroTony : 03/03/16 at 07:30 AM.
03/03/16, 06:59 AM   #10
sirinsidiator

@merlight: That's sad, but was somewhat expected. I wish you all the best with whatever you do next.

@l3x0r: If Atropos himself submits FTC here, we can take a look and see if there are any apparent errors. But keep in mind that the main goal of the upgrade day is to make all submitted addons usable with update 9, not to fix performance issues or completely broken features. There is just too little time in one day.

@Ayantir, @Tierney, @AlphaLemming: Welcome on board.

@QuadroTony: Are you disabling outdated addons after the update goes live? Because not every addon works without an update in a new game version.
03/03/16, 07:31 AM   #11
QuadroTony
Banned
no-no, my addons just simple and needs only API bump
03/03/16, 01:15 PM   #12
Randactyl
See you around, merlight. Thanks for all your help o7

Only thing I feel I should submit for more testing is Advanced Filters. This version should work exactly the same as the current with the following changes:

- I believe the stale subfilter bar situation has improved, but my normal use never triggered it very much in the first place
- A right-click context menu was added to the dropdown filter box with "Reset to All" and "Invert Dropdown Filter" entries
- Drinks were removed from the Consumable -> Trophy subfilter (whoops)

I'm particularly interested in ensuring this version works at least as well as the live version as I rewrote and reorganized quite a bit of the underlying code mostly to get ready for adding filters to other scenes like vendors.

Download here.

Last edited by Randactyl : 03/04/16 at 02:29 AM.
03/04/16, 08:05 AM   #13
sirinsidiator

I created a firepad which should hopefully be enough to server our purpose.
You can find and edit it here.
03/05/16, 04:49 PM   #14
sirinsidiator

Today's result is not exactly what I hoped for, but I can't blame anyone with it being announce at such short notice. I hope next time a few more authors will participate.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Upgrade Day!