12/27/20, 05:13 PM   #1
Phuein

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Minion not finding certain addons?

Checking if anybody else can replicate this issue. This is both for already installed and when searching for new addons. I'm only noticing it now, so maybe the last update did it?

For example, I'm sure I installed KhajiitSpeak with Minion last year. But now it's not showing in Minion, but it shows fine in ESO and also in ESOUI. The log says simply:
Code:
DEBUG 2020-12-27 17:49:42,120 [Thread-113] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\KhajiitSpeak\KhajiitSpeak.txt
DEBUG 2020-12-27 17:49:42,120 [Thread-113] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(354): KhajiitSpeak - TOC Version: 1.14
DEBUG 2020-12-27 17:49:42,121 [Thread-113] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:detectAddOn(268): No addons match KhajiitSpeak
I just found this out when trying to find Circonians TextureIt in Minion and I couldn't. Thanks for helping.

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, been using it for years without a problem.
12/27/20, 05:57 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Minion is not recognizing addons that are in the "Outdated and discontinued", or "Developer utilities" category at esoui.

btw: Check KhajitSpeaks comments, there is an updated version as the original one was "dead". Maybe revive it and let Dolby move it to the normal category again so Minion will find it. The patched version from the comments works so far.

Last edited by Baertram : 12/27/20 at 06:02 PM.
12/27/20, 06:50 PM   #3
Phuein

Ah, thanks for letting me know. That's a pretty painful decision by the devs.

Maybe let Minion see all the addons? Or add an option to toggle this? Especially unfriendly to addon devs. I don't recall Minion doing this before.
12/27/20, 07:09 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
It always was filtering them, at least it was not chnaged since Minion 3 was released afaik.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not finding certain addons?