05/05/19, 11:57 AM   #1
meekz
Minion not detecting AddOns Folder

Hello, I'm running Win10 and on this same PC I previously have had ESO installed with Minion working fine. I reinstalled the game twice in the last week hoping it would fix the issue of Minion not being able to detect my addon folder (which is in the default location). It forces me to try and manually find the folder, and when I do find it and select it nothing happens. I tried resetting Addon, Game and allowed harddrive detections AND deleting the .xml, but none of it is allowing my addon directory to be discovered. Any help is greatly appreciated as installing the amount of addons I usually use would be insanely annoying without the addon manager.

I've tried installing and using both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the program, as well as running as admin with my java updated to no avail.

Here is a link to my .log file:
https://pastebin.com/QXaW5ZqY

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
05/05/19, 01:05 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It seems you have chosen the wrong folder "level" as it is searching directly inside the "AddOns" folder for txt files (each addon got a txt file called manifest in it's own subfolder), as you can see here:

Code:
DEBUG 2019-05-05 13:41:00,890 [Thread-18] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AddOns.txt
DEBUG 2019-05-05 13:41:00,891 [Thread-18] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(380): Toc not found for: C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AddOns.txt
DEBUG 2019-05-05 13:41:00,891 [Thread-18] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Errors\Errors.txt
Try to close Minion, shut it down via the task manager.
Then delete the minion.xml file in "C:\Users\meekz\AppData\.minion" and then start it as admin again and setup the folder to really use the correct folder for the AddOns.
It MUST be the folder C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns for you I think.
05/05/19, 01:14 PM   #3
meekz
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
It seems you have chosen the wrong folder "level" as it is searching directly inside the "AddOns" folder for txt files (each addon got a txt file called manifest in it's own subfolder), as you can see here:

Code:
DEBUG 2019-05-05 13:41:00,890 [Thread-18] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AddOns.txt
DEBUG 2019-05-05 13:41:00,891 [Thread-18] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(380): Toc not found for: C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AddOns.txt
DEBUG 2019-05-05 13:41:00,891 [Thread-18] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Errors\Errors.txt
Try to close Minion, shut it down via the task manager.
Then delete the minion.xml file in "C:\Users\meekz\AppData\.minion" and then start it as admin again and setup the folder to really use the correct folder for the AddOns.
It MUST be the folder C:\Users\meekz\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns for you I think.
I'll give it a go, Is it a problem that my minion folder containing the .xml file was C:\Users\meekz\.minion and not in the appdata?

EDIT: After setting Minion to use the exact folder in the exact directory you gave me, it still thinks it's a .txt for whatever reason, after checking the logs again.

Last edited by meekz : 05/05/19 at 01:18 PM.
05/05/19, 01:21 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Nah the minion folder shouldn't matter imo.
Hm, weird. Not sure what is wrong there. My log is only scanning the txt files of subfolders of the addons (e.g. AwesomeGuildStore\AwesomeGuildStore.txt) in the AddOns folder.

Do you have addons in this AddOns folder already? Maybe remove the whole folder and create a new AddOns folder, manually putting 1 or 2 adons in there -> See here how to do this:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install

And then try to let Minion find the folder again.
05/05/19, 02:12 PM   #5
meekz
Did not previously have addons installed. Installed 3, loaded the game up and they ran but Minion was not able to detect the folder neither automatically nor manually with me selecting it.

Here is a link to the log file after trying to detect the folder with the addons already installed:
https://pastebin.com/0fWaw9Qb

Again, thanks for your time.

Last edited by meekz : 05/05/19 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
05/05/19, 02:25 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Seems it detects your 3 addons at least but I'm not sure why it cannot find the addons directory and just let you install the other addons then
Sorry got no further idea then searching tis forum's "MinioN" subforum for similar threads. MAybe you can find some ideas there where others couldn't get the game folder detection to work.

Try to open the Minion window (if this works) and at the right top corner there is some gear icon. Click it and try to reset the game detection and startover, maybe this helps.
Oh and try to increase the subfolder search level in there to more than current.
05/05/19, 02:42 PM   #7
meekz
I will try those suggestions. Thank you so very much for your time and for trying to help. Have a good one.
05/14/19, 02:57 AM   #8
oDiDio
Hey,
just made an account as I had this problem this morning and found out what was going wrong.

I had the allowed harddrives setup as if it was just to detect the game but it seems minion uses this for the
addon folder as well.

I had excluded my C: Drive for this but thats where the standard addon path is.
When I reset the allowed harddrives and included C: everything worked fine.

Maybe this should be worded differently in minion so it is made clear or minion should ignore this for the addon folder selection.

Hope I could help.
08/27/19, 05:55 AM   #9
nonianoni
I'm also struggling with this problem

I just got a new gaming laptop. windows 10 now. and I can't get minion to work. been trying to figure this out. I'm not computer savvy. I did the xml thing and it didn't work.
08/27/19, 08:49 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check the sticky thread at the top of the Minion forums, whichs says "Troubleshooting Minion" first!

My guess: You got Microsoft OneDrive active and it moved your documents folder to OneDrive. Remove the folder of document/Elder Scrolls Online from OneDrive and put it back into your c:\users\your windows username\documents folder.
08/27/19, 08:50 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by oDiDio View Post
Hey,
just made an account as I had this problem this morning and found out what was going wrong.

I had the allowed harddrives setup as if it was just to detect the game but it seems minion uses this for the
addon folder as well.

I had excluded my C: Drive for this but thats where the standard addon path is.
When I reset the allowed harddrives and included C: everything worked fine.

Maybe this should be worded differently in minion so it is made clear or minion should ignore this for the addon folder selection.

Hope I could help.
Yep. Minion is about the addons and not the game itsself so it asks for the folders to scan for the addons, and not the game executables
04/09/21, 05:10 PM   #12
Threemoons

Had the same issue--kill OneDrive.

Had the same issue after updating my gaming laptop--stupid MS Cloud was screwing things up. Disabled it for the addons folder and all is well again.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not detecting AddOns Folder