07/27/20, 04:00 AM   #1
Twister
My Minion is blank no matter what

Hello,

I have ESO installed with some mods I installed manually.
Now I discovered the Minion program and I can't get it to work - no matter what.
I feel like I read all the topics about it and couldn't find any solution...

I tried to run is at admin, run after updating, run without updating, reboot PC, install 32bit version, launched Minion when internet is off and on...
and it still blank.
I'll appreciate any help
Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (110.8 KB, 328 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (3.5 KB, 319 views)
07/27/20, 04:40 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First I'd allow Minion in my Antivirus and firewall programs (Windows Defneder e.g.). There should be some way to whitelist/add to exclusion list.

Then I'd install Minion into another directory then the standard dir c:\users\...\AppData

And I'd delete/rename your Minion.xml file so you can start again from the beginning properly!

Next I'd ONLY enable ESO, and do not enable WOW, to test if this works. If happens already more than once that an WOW addon was causing problems and crashed Minion.

After checking your log file:
As the minion troubleshootiung guide already say Minion is not able to work with non-latin folder or file names!
Your log file says:
Code:
interrogating TOC: D:\Users\xxx\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\‏‏AddOns - עותק\arkadius-trade-tools
There is this folder "- עותק" which is definately NOT the normal live/AddOns folder which is not readable correctly.
Either you have chosen this manually and it was the wrong chosen folder, or I'm not sure why Minion is searching it.
Maybe it was a test? As later in the log it is properly using the live/AddOns folder then.

Seems it should work properly, what I can see by the help of your log file.
Sometimes it needs several times or minutes, after scanning your games, until it shows somethings.
Some ppl also said you need to restart it several times.
It depends on your installed software, windows version and and and

I'd just install again like described above, delete Minion.log and Minion.xml files, add Minion to your antivirus/firwall as whitelisted/exclusion,
ONLY choose ESO as game, change the scan depth in the Minion settings (top right corner-> gear icon) to maximum and point to the correct addon's folder where the ingame addons are found as well, manually.
Then let it scan, wait after it has finished for 5 minutes.
It might be minimized to the system tray, so double click the icon there to reopen it.
Restart it a few times until the contents are shown then.

if it still does not work I'm out of ideas and it might be related to your installed software etc.
07/27/20, 05:13 AM   #3
Twister
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
First I'd allow Minion in my Antivirus and firewall programs (Windows Defneder e.g.). There should be some way to whitelist/add to exclusion list.

Then I'd install Minion into another directory then the standard dir c:\users\...\AppData

And I'd delete/rename your Minion.xml file so you can start again from the beginning properly!

Next I'd ONLY enable ESO, and do not enable WOW, to test if this works. If happens already more than once that an WOW addon was causing problems and crashed Minion.

After checking your log file:
As the minion troubleshootiung guide already say Minion is not able to work with non-latin folder or file names!
Your log file says:
Code:
interrogating TOC: D:\Users\xxx\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\‏‏AddOns - עותק\arkadius-trade-tools
There is this folder "- עותק" which is definately NOT the normal live/AddOns folder which is not readable correctly.
Either you have chosen this manually and it was the wrong chosen folder, or I'm not sure why Minion is searching it.
Maybe it was a test? As later in the log it is properly using the live/AddOns folder then.

Seems it should work properly, what I can see by the help of your log file.
Sometimes it needs several times or minutes, after scanning your games, until it shows somethings.
Some ppl also said you need to restart it several times.
It depends on your installed software, windows version and and and

I'd just install again like described above, delete Minion.log and Minion.xml files, add Minion to your antivirus/firwall as whitelisted/exclusion,
ONLY choose ESO as game, change the scan depth in the Minion settings (top right corner-> gear icon) to maximum and point to the correct addon's folder where the ingame addons are found as well, manually.
Then let it scan, wait after it has finished for 5 minutes.
It might be minimized to the system tray, so double click the icon there to reopen it.
Restart it a few times until the contents are shown then.

if it still does not work I'm out of ideas and it might be related to your installed software etc.
thank you very much for the quick and very detailed answer!
I don't know how, but now it works - after I removed and re-installed into
Code:
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online
I closed Minion frustrated, and when I launched it again it worked. I have no clue why.
"עותק" means a copy, I just wanted a backup for my AddOns folder (as it says in the installation guide).
I also stopped my navigation in "live" folder and didn't go deeper into "AddOns", but well - it works, can't complain

thanks again!
07/27/20, 07:21 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I closed Minion frustrated, and when I launched it again it worked. I have no clue why.
It's a common problem also mentioned in the troubleshooting thread in the Minion forums.
Sometimes minion, after scanning the folders, will not show anything. You need to wait, restart it (several times, in rare cases) and then it will show all contents properly.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » My Minion is blank no matter what