08/04/20, 10:45 AM   #1
Nyalnara
[solved] Minion Java on Linux: doesn't list addons in folder/online

Hello!

(English isn't my native language, please consider pointing errors so i may fix them.)

I managed to run Minion (java) on Manjaro (with the official jdk, not the openjdk which is still failing for reasons). It couldn't find the game install and addons folders (which was expected as I'm running it through SteamPlay), so I manually pointed i to the correct folder ("~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/306130/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/") and installed my usual addons manually. Minion do pass the network test properly. (And the problem happens whether ufw is enabled or disabled.)

The problem is, for some reason Minion doesn't retrieve Addons info from the database properly (and thus doesn't show anything in the "Find More" tab), and since it doesn't have any valid data to compare it to, it doesn't show detected addons in the local folder.

As you can see by looking at the minion.log, Minion is parsing the correct folder, he just fail to correlate what it sees to online data.
I'm also including the console output for the pre-start initialisation, just in case it shows something you may find useful.

Can i force an even more verbose log for additional information?
Thanks in advance for spending some of your time looking at my problem.

(Side note: addons are working fine while ingame, it's just that I'd love not having to manually update everything.)
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.2 KB, 361 views)
File Type: log minion.log (40.1 KB, 336 views)
File Type: log console.log (51.1 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by Nyalnara : 08/10/20 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Marking title as solved
08/05/20, 01:53 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's because you deselected all games. Try to change the line
Code:
<game-config game-id="ESO" scannable="false"/>
in minion.xml to
Code:
<game-config game-id="ESO" scannable="true"/>
08/05/20, 09:51 AM   #3
Nyalnara
Well, that fixed it, thank you very much. I'm pretty sure I assumed by the way the initial pop-up was worded that it just meant it would only stop searching for the game folder, not that it would also stop Minion from checking addons too.
08/06/20, 03:46 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope, it's an "include" list of the supported games
You choose which games it should scan for these game's folders.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Java on Linux: doesn't list addons in folder, doesn't list addons online