08/25/20, 12:16 PM   #1
WastedJoker
The X button one the addon info window is invisible

Same happens if you look at the changelog.

Not sure when it started happening.

The area where the x button should be still works.
08/25/20, 01:42 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mine is still shown, on 2 different puters.
Maybe your computer antivirus or whatever does not allow to extract textures Minion tries to use (if Minion does this for ther X texture).
Try to install Minion to another folder than standard and allow Minion's folder in your antivirus etc. (add to whitelist, add to exclusion) or try Minion 32bit even if your OS is 64bit.

Did you scale your resolution of Windows recently? Maybe it got to do with this.
08/26/20, 09:05 PM   #3
babylon
Minion broke this way for me today as well.

Was working yesterday, I made no changes to system since so is Minion created issue.

And just now tried okaying it with antivirus apps, and the x button is still busted.

Last edited by babylon : 08/26/20 at 09:11 PM.
08/27/20, 04:11 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
But I understood it correctly, it's just invisible but still there and clickable?
Maybe install Minion to another folder than the standard c:\users\...\AppData\Minion

Did you recently update Windows or Java?
What Windows version are you guys using?

https://www.businessinsider.de/inter...ion/?r=US&IR=T
08/27/20, 12:04 PM   #5
Kestrel
Same problem here.

Started happening yesterday or day before. Had not updated windows or java. Using Windows 10. There was an update waiting for me this morning, which I ran. Still have the problem. Seems like it started happening after recent ESO patch which is kind of odd.

Last edited by Kestrel : 08/27/20 at 12:06 PM.
08/27/20, 01:49 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Eso and it's game files got nothing to do with Minion!
Minion only downloads addons, so even if eso would not be installed at all it would not make any difference.
08/27/20, 06:43 PM   #7
babylon
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
But I understood it correctly, it's just invisible but still there and clickable?
Maybe install Minion to another folder than the standard c:\users\...\AppData\Minion

Did you recently update Windows or Java?
What Windows version are you guys using?

https://www.businessinsider.de/inter...ion/?r=US&IR=T

I'm on Windows 2004. I had made no changes at all to my system in between Minion working two days ago and Minion with invisible x button yesterday.
08/28/20, 04:16 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Havent found anything online about disappearing textures in java programs so far which would relate here.
Sorry, I guess someone like one of the devs or with more Java Minion knowhow needs to have a look then, I cannot hel any further.
08/29/20, 08:22 AM   #9
babylon
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Havent found anything online about disappearing textures in java programs so far which would relate here.
Sorry, I guess someone like one of the devs or with more Java Minion knowhow needs to have a look then, I cannot hel any further.

Is there someone who can help with this floating around the forum?
08/29/20, 09:04 AM   #10
FloorTank
I just noticed this problem today as well when i was modding yesterday all the buttons were showing normally but today I noticed that all of them are blank

08/29/20, 02:41 PM   #11
sirinsidiator

Considering not one of you read the sticky post and added their minion.log file, all anyone can do is guess.
Minion uses FontAwesome for those icons and they still show for me, so you probably got some antivirus update which blocks loading that font for whatever reason.
08/29/20, 07:52 PM   #12
FloorTank
My bad here you go im using x64 Windows 10 Pro

here is the pic again its not the end of the world if the icon's wont show just mildly inconvenient also i disabled my antivirus firewall and UAC to check if the buttons came back but no luck also i dont wanna reinstall this as i was one of those people that had problems getting this to detect my ESO game it just started to work one day when i logged into it.

Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (639.7 KB, 397 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (8.3 KB, 377 views)

Last edited by FloorTank : 08/29/20 at 07:56 PM.
08/29/20, 10:42 PM   #13
babylon
Sorry...never had to post here and found this thread via a google search.

Can't add log, file size too big.

Forum does not accept .rar or .7z
08/30/20, 01:49 AM   #14
sirinsidiator

The log doesn't show any obvious errors, but after some digging I found out that the version of controlsfx used by minion does not include the font file and instead loads it via the internet (later fixed by this commit). It's getting blocked by your antivirus, firewall, proxy or some other program.
If you do not know how to update the configuration of those programs to allow it again, the easiest fix is to replace the controlsfx version with one that embeds the font.

Steps to do that:
1) Go to the folder where Minion is installed and locate controlsfx-8.40.11.jar in app/lib.
2) Move or delete that file
3) Download controlsfx-8.40.13.jar from here.
4) Important: Rename it to controlsfx-8.40.11.jar (since that's the name Minion is expecting)
5) Move it to the app/lib folder

With that it should show the icons again. I haven't tested if updating the controlsfx version causes any other issues, but at least Minion was loading fine for me.
08/30/20, 05:16 AM   #15
FloorTank
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
The log doesn't show any obvious errors, but after some digging I found out that the version of controlsfx used by minion does not include the font file and instead loads it via the internet (later fixed by this commit). It's getting blocked by your antivirus, firewall, proxy or some other program.
If you do not know how to update the configuration of those programs to allow it again, the easiest fix is to replace the controlsfx version with one that embeds the font.

Steps to do that:
1) Go to the folder where Minion is installed and locate controlsfx-8.40.11.jar in app/lib.
4) Important: Rename it to controlsfx-8.40.11.jar (since that's the name Minion is expecting)

With that it should show the icons again. I haven't tested if updating the controlsfx version causes any other issues, but at least Minion was loading fine for me.
Thx this worked its weird that it suddenly blocked the file as i been using Minion for few weeks and there was no update or anything.
08/30/20, 08:55 AM   #16
babylon
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post

Steps to do that:

Thank you, that fixed it.
08/30/20, 09:03 AM   #17
babylon
Originally Posted by FloorTank View Post
Thx this worked its weird that it suddenly blocked the file as i been using Minion for few weeks and there was no update or anything.

Yeah it's a mystery to me as well, if something is blocking it, could only be Windows Defender or firewall suddenly and mysteriously blocking it, because nothing was changed my end between it working then next day not working, and my other security software already gives Minion access.
08/30/20, 09:25 AM   #18
sirinsidiator

Windows Defender has something called "Cloud-delivered protection", which can push security updates in the background at any time without you knowing about it. Maybe it started blocking that font file for some reason? You could try to press Win+F and report the issue in the windows feedback hub. Maybe Microsoft will fix it.
08/30/20, 11:54 PM   #19
AlbertVonMoosseedorf
It's not a Microsoft problem it's on MacOS too

I play with MacOS Catalina and have the same issue:

08/31/20, 02:15 AM   #20
sirinsidiator

Interesting. can you try if it downloads the font when you visit this link? Maybe it's blocked by an ISP and you all happen to live in the same area?

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » The X button one the addon info window is invisible