10/01/20, 06:07 AM   #1
veyis057
Minion Doesn't Open At All

So as the title suggests, when I install Minion, it doesn't open. To be exact, I obseved task manager and it opens then closes instantly. I tried the cmd command that was previously suggested. I also tried runnin as admin.
10/01/20, 06:35 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you read the stickied Minion troubleshooting thread in the "Minion forum"?

In there it's been told to NOT use the 64bit version, but install the 32bit version.
This solution for your described problem can additionally be found here
-> found via ESOUI forum search with search term "minion close"

If you did read the Minion stickied forum troubleshooting thread you should please say so and tell us more info about what you did already,
and attach the Minion log and xml files like asked in the also stickied "If Posting Bug Reports or requesting help" thread, so we are able to have a look.
Thanks
10/01/20, 06:06 PM   #3
veyis057
Thank you for answer. I tried to follow the guide and couldn't change the name of user folder. So it seems I am stuck. Again thank you
10/02/20, 02:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons

In there it's been told to NOT use the 64bit version, but install the 32bit version.
Did you FIRST try this?

Or is your windows user folder containing non-latin characters, which also is a problem?
If so: Create a new windows user with only latin characters, e.g. Bob, give him admin rights (if you like to).
Install Minion there, but to e.g. the folder c:\Minion, not the standard directory (to make it not install to the c:\users folder where you normally need some special rights to access it).
Create a folder c:\ESO\AddOns and c:\ESO\SavedVariables.

Switch back to your other user (or if you have created "Bob" with admin rights switch to c:\users\your other username where you play ESO\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
and copy the folders AddOns and SavedVariables to c:\ESO.

Switch the user to "Bob" again (if you currently aren't using it already).
Let Minion it update into that directory c:\ESO\AddOns.

After updating Minion switch back to your other user and copy the files of c:\ESO\AddOns back to the folder c:\users\your other username where you play ESO\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\.

In short:
Use Minion at user "Bob" and copy the files after updating back to your other user where you play ESO.

Last edited by Baertram : 10/02/20 at 02:55 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Doesn't Open At All