04/28/21, 05:48 AM   #1
Matth3w
Can someone explain why minion will eventually not start and requires a restart?

I've been back to the game since Dec after a bit of a break. However, after awhile it will quit, or maybe I quit it. And when I start it back up, it loads like it's going to start (but never shows the window when this happens, just the "Active" task bar button), and then it will force quit with no error. No matter how many times I try. I will have to update manually or restart the computer for it to work again. Is this a known issue or is there something else at play here?
04/29/21, 06:16 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you read the Minion troubleshooting forum thread and tried all info there already? https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Minion is using Java and devepndign on your antivirus and firewall or other protective systems installed on your computer, or even other software installed, it might be buggy. Like every other software.
If you follow the instructions in the troubleshooting guide it should resolve most problems.
Else use the forum search inside the minion forums and search for your specific problem. There are multiple threads about minion not starting, only showing the taskbar/tray icon already. They should also provide some fixes in them, you just need to read them.

If this still does not help please follow the howto post minion bugs (including the Minion.log and xml files) from the Minion forums, so we can have a look why your minion aborts.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/02/21 at 08:35 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Can someone explain why minion will eventually not start and requires a restart?