11/26/15, 05:37 PM   #1
Zerowalker
Post Request: Take Screenshot upon getting Achievement, Lore, Exploration

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible for someone to make an Addon which takes a Screenshot during certain events.

Such as when you get an achivement, explored an area, find a lore etc.

Not sure if these are exposed in code for making Addons, but i am guessing some should be?

I would like it cause i am one of those that loves to record and archive stuff,
it's a pain to print screen myself and i mostly forget anyway;P

I sadly am not good a programming, especially in LUA, so hence me asking here.

Thanks.
11/27/15, 04:06 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
here you go

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3...tographer.html
11/27/15, 04:43 AM   #3
Zerowalker
Perhaps i am mistaken, but doesn't that addon simple make the UI go away?;o

EDIT: wait saw in the changelog, will try it out, thanks!

EDIT2: sadly it misses the "Exploration", not a total killer, but i do you know if such an event is detected in LUA?
If so, maybe i can mod it myself somehow, as all the other events seem to be there so i am guessing it should be fairly "copy pastish".

Last edited by Zerowalker : 11/27/15 at 04:52 AM.
11/27/15, 07:00 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by Zerowalker View Post
Perhaps i am mistaken, but doesn't that addon simple make the UI go away?;o

EDIT: wait saw in the changelog, will try it out, thanks!

EDIT2: sadly it misses the "Exploration", not a total killer, but i do you know if such an event is detected in LUA?
If so, maybe i can mod it myself somehow, as all the other events seem to be there so i am guessing it should be fairly "copy pastish".
I guess the event you are looking for is EVENT_POI_DISCOVERED.
11/27/15, 07:02 AM   #5
Zerowalker
Actually found just that and some other things, i have tried modding it by simply copy-pasting the "Event shots" and replace the actually events, hopefully that will work, when i try it out i will report back
11/27/15, 10:39 AM   #6
Zerowalker
Okay tried it now.

While it works, the problem i have is that the screenshots are taken before the "Achievement Unlocked" etc comes up, which makes it difficult to even understand what the pic is about.

Is it possible to delay the screenshot?
Some kind of LUA timer thingy?
11/27/15, 11:00 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

You could use zo_callLater, but it would not be accurate because the message can be delayed due to other messages already showing.
In order to always take the screenshot when the message is visible, you would need to hook into the center screen announcement system.
11/27/15, 11:44 AM   #8
Zerowalker
Tried ze_callLater just now, and it kinda works i guess.
But the issues you mentioned are likely to surface.

Sadly i have no idea how to hook into that, i basically have close to no LUA knowledge

The ideal situation would be to print screen when i see those things though "Quest Completed, Achievement Completed" etc, cause it's kinda pointless to print screen Before the message as the picture would just be any picture with no clue what the reason for it is.

EDIT:

Is it even possible to hook the announcements through lua?
I am not sure how it all works but as i can't see it being allowed in the addon system,
if that's the cause and hooking through external code is the option then it's surely out of hand.
Think one could bring this up to Zenimax, seems like a handy thing but i guess it's in the minority though;(

Last edited by Zerowalker : 11/28/15 at 03:08 AM.
11/28/15, 12:52 PM   #9
Zerowalker
As i pretty much take screenshots of all the skill,achv,discovery etc things,
shouldn't it be possible to take the shots correctly even if several occur at the same time.

Using some kind of variable that says maybe (If a shot was taken, wait x seconds till repeat).

So if 3 events occur at the same time, the first one will set some variable to a time, then the second event will see that a shot was taken earlier within a certain duration and will then wait till it has past a certain time since that, it will also need to add some variable that tells it's first in line so the 3rd event does the same thing but will act only after the 2nd has done it's thing and compare to that time.

I think what i wrote is a mess, but the concept should work, now if it's possible to do such variables and stuff, i don't know. I just thought it up.

Then again, it might not work.

Thing is i noticed that at times, the addon won't take screenshots for some reason, even though an event occurs, it seems to be rare though. Trying to figure out why, it doesn't seem to be about the duration between the screenshots, at least they haven't been too close, i can have an event occur, then 13 seconds later another event occurs but that one is ignored, the last time that happened was when i went up in Fighters Guild, then 13 seconds later i went up in Restoration Staff, only Fighters Guild was taken, the other i took manually as nothing happened.

Enough spam for now;D

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Take Screenshot upon getting Achievement, Lore, Exploration