02/25/14, 08:41 PM   #1
zanfire
Character names over PCs?

Wondering if it was possible to mod it so peoples names are over their heads like most MMOs?
03/04/14, 04:02 PM   #2
pinmouse
I second this one. I would love this. Also a little class icon or something on it too would be great!
03/30/14, 08:31 AM   #3
Dragonmist
This is a must for all MMORPGs I want to see my characters name and other plus Guild Tags for sure.

If someone could create an ADDON would be most grateful Thanks.
03/31/14, 08:20 PM   #4
Tingle0x539
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This isn't possible, there is currently no way to get the world position of entities - which would be required to calculate the rendering position of the name. This also applies to chat bubbles and other in-word information displaying.
04/03/14, 01:34 AM   #5
Mitsarugi

only thing i found is displaying NPC/PC health bars to show them but thats about it :/, would love to see their names and map icons for shops
04/03/14, 08:05 AM   #6
Casepb
So health bars can display over heads but not names? That doesn't really make sense. The game also really really needs over head Vendor icons.
04/03/14, 01:23 PM   #7
skyraker
Originally Posted by Casepb View Post
So health bars can display over heads but not names? That doesn't really make sense. The game also really really needs over head Vendor icons.
Why? You can mouse over signs to get an indication of if the building is a shop/inn/bank (not to mention the map marks locations of such things). Then it is just a matter of mousing over the NPC at/in that place. They make it pretty obvious.
04/16/14, 07:55 AM   #8
Total-Khaos
Originally Posted by skyraker View Post
Why? You can mouse over signs to get an indication of if the building is a shop/inn/bank (not to mention the map marks locations of such things). Then it is just a matter of mousing over the NPC at/in that place. They make it pretty obvious.
When there are 8 million player characters swarming one NPC vendor, it makes it difficult (not impossible) to determine who the actual vendor is. However, after reading through the API, it doesn't seem to be possible to add icons or other visual queues to other players or NPCs.
04/16/14, 10:33 AM   #9
StealthStalker
Originally Posted by Mitsarugi View Post
only thing i found is displaying NPC/PC health bars to show them but thats about it :/, would love to see their names and map icons for shops
Is there anyway to modify those floating healthbars? I really want those bars to grow from left to right, instead of from the center.
04/16/14, 11:21 AM   #10
Stormknight

No. The developers have specifically disabled addons from being able to make ANY changes to those bars.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Character names over PCs?