02/24/14, 01:55 AM   #1
GandalfTheGray
Going for a Warlock build, are Entropy/Soul Trap really that weak?

Now I want to go for a full DoT/pet based caster (yes, Lock) with ESO, with some invisibility thrown in, but I'm worried. Besides upgraded Cripple and Agony (which by themselves are meh and make up about 15 DPS per second), we have two other DoT's in the form of Entropy and Soul Trap.

Now at first I thought these values were hardset and that the stam expenditure for these spells (70 every so often) was just oo much for a measly 2.6 DPS increase.

However I noted one thing; for Entropy, the health value restored was also obscenely low. In fact it restored 3 health every 6 seconds, or 6 health overall, which I saw, and thought to myself (3 health is practically worthless, and so is 1 DPS per second, is the calculator not correctly scaling this?)

So here I am; does anybody here have information on Entropy? Have they levelled it a little bit more and can they can confirm/unconfirm the very low damage and healing on it, even at maxed mage guild?

And I was wondering the same for Soul Trap- is its value also accurate?

Crossing my fingers here and hoping it ain't so. I'd love for them, being of a long duration, to hopefully at least do ~60-80 damage each and make them worth putting on my bar.
02/24/14, 02:26 AM   #2
ESOljl

Soul trap

Soul trap, and its morph versions, Soul Splitting and Consuming Trap, is in my opinion useful. I see this ability being used as part of a finishing combination. Last beta, an empty soul gem cost 23 gold, and a filled one I think was 10x that. With the soul gems you can rez players. I don't see Soul trap being used in pvp much because there are other abilities to help, but I as a pvper would use the ability in pve to get filled soul gems and then go to Cyrodiil. Just my opinion.

Last edited by ESOljl : 02/24/14 at 02:30 AM. Reason: spelling

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Going for a Warlock build, are Entropy/Soul Trap really that weak?