02/16/14, 06:35 AM   #1
Swissy
Dragonknight thread race and build

Hi all at the dragonknight players. This thread should help to build some awesome dragonknight builds.
1. Which is the best race for dragonknights?
2. How does your build look?

1. Personally i am not sure if the Dunmer or Imperial is the best race to go for the dragonknight
2. At the moment i am building up a Dragonknight Dunmer class with the skill calculator: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills

I am looking forward to see your thoughts about the best race for a dragonknight and see your dragonknight build. Is the best race a Dunmer or Imperial. Are you going more tanky or dps?

Greets
02/16/14, 09:24 AM   #2
Callsign
The best race is entirely dependent on what you want to do with your Dragonknight.

For a tank, I would say Imperial. Their racials are really strong for it.
For a dps with a heavy stamina build, Redguard would be my choice. Racials are built for it.
For a dps with a heavy magicka build, this might sound weird, but Breton may be the best. Maximum magicka increase and reduced cost of magicka abilities is quite appealing for a player who wants to go heavy Dragonknight abilities/Desto Staff. Dragonknight does not get a whole lot of options to choose from to restore magicka, so every little bit will help.
For a dps with a balanced build, Dunmer provides a nice balance with their racials.
For a healing build, Breton all the way.

This is my Dragonknight tank build. Gives me a variety of options depending on the situation.
02/16/14, 09:27 AM   #3
Norefunds

do we know how much fire res a dunmer gets with the passive at level 50?because i mostly want to be a dunmer for the fire res
02/16/14, 09:54 AM   #4
Swissy
Originally Posted by Norefunds View Post
do we know how much fire res a dunmer gets with the passive at level 50?because i mostly want to be a dunmer for the fire res
Max is 32 fire resistance. The passive bonus is called Resist flame. It also increases max magicka by 3 percent.
You can level it up to 32 (3 skill points are needed for that) at the character level of 10.

greets
02/16/14, 10:06 AM   #5
Norefunds

32 cant be the fire res u get at level 50, thats way too low, i'm pretty sure that bretons get 300 spell res at lvl 50,so the dunmer fire res should be 5 times higher= 1500 fire res at lvl 50
02/16/14, 10:29 AM   #6
Swissy
Originally Posted by Norefunds View Post
32 cant be the fire res u get at level 50, thats way too low, i'm pretty sure that bretons get 300 spell res at lvl 50,so the dunmer fire res should be 5 times higher= 1500 fire res at lvl 50
In this case i donīt have a clue what you are talking about?
check: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#zzmz5ozk7XcvKVD
or what do you mean?
02/17/14, 03:37 PM   #7
DROG VOKUN

Keep in mind that dark elves get two racials to help with magicka and bonus fire damage. If going to spec fire damage I would use a darkelf. Bretons will indeed have more magicka by a margin, but I'd rather have that extra damage so I don't have to use that one last skill I'd have to use with extra magicka. If you aren't specing fire damage however, breton seems like a more logical choice.
02/18/14, 11:38 PM   #8
cbake987
My DK Build

Hey all! Just throwing my build out there. Planning on an Orc DK tank/CC with some self heals for durability. Not sure on how I will distribute my H/M/S but we'll see, probably more magika than anything. Running 5H/2L armor most likely, with a 2H weapon, most likely a mace, on both bars. Anyway here goes:

Bar 1: Single Target/Jump into the crowd then switch to Bar 2
http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...Xrop6LzoC6Lzkt
1. Volatile Armor: Make up for the 2 light armors but also way to keep damage coming on enemies.
2. Flame Lash: Simple damage dealer and quick way to gain some health back when needed.
3. Unstable Flame: Adds a DoT to my arsenal and good damage dealer.
4. Reverse Slice: 2H finisher and deals damage to surrounding enemies. Good for some CC as well.
5. Draw Essence: Self-heal and restores magika. Deals explosive damage at the end of the time which is a plus too.
U. Take Flight: Great to jump into the middle of the crowd. Knocks enemies back which gives me time to swap to my other bar for some CC.

Bar 2: CC and some AoE with a couple of self heals for durability
http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...LzoC6rzkA6Lzkt
1. Volatile Armor: Same as above, enemies damage themselves and also damage upon activation is nice.
2. Burning Talons: Roots all nearby enemies so they can't run, and adds a DoT.
3. Carve: Hits multiple enemies, and adds a DoT to all of them.Good for weakening multiple enemies while I focus on one.
4. Reverse Slice: Finisher, and deals splash damage to two other enemies. Again, weakening others while focusing on one.
5. Draw Essence: Self-heal and restores magika, explosive damage to hurt whole crowd.
U. Standard of Might: damages whole area, defends me and nearby enemies are shackled if the synergy is hit.

Note that those two links are with no passives added in so Ill have excess points to use there. Any questions, criticisms, or comments? Let me know any feedback. Thanks all and looking forward to hitting the game when it is released!
02/24/14, 10:39 PM   #9
PrimalSteam

Originally Posted by Swissy View Post
In this case i donīt have a clue what you are talking about?
check: http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#zzmz5ozk7XcvKVD
or what do you mean?
Take a look at the top, at the "Character Level" slider bar. See how it's set to 1?

Won't make a difference if you slide it to 50... ESOHead is far from fully functional yet.

Point is, that 32 is for a level 1. The resistance will scale with level. So, yes, clearly more than the Breton blanket spell resist at 50, but I do not know off the top of my head how much more.
03/06/14, 06:34 PM   #10
Nyrathil
This is my build I thought of, wanting pure dps, not sure if dual weapons is the best way to go though.

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/sk...z7pctyfV6ctyfR

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Dragonknight thread race and build