02/17/14, 02:45 PM   #1
dallock
best healer build?

what combinations of abilities (racial, class, weapon, guild, etc) have you guys tried that you think make the best healer? and what armor, weapon, enchants best suit healers?
02/17/14, 03:46 PM   #2
Ark

I have to try more...and more!
But right now this is what I know:

1) The templar
The only healer class is the templar. But its not "so great" anyway...no so "MUST" for healer.
The healing rod is great too, so...

2) No other option
The thing is than no other class has anything that really buff your healing anyway.

So, the good and the ugly about the templar:
*ULTIMATE* Rite of passage is great, but not gamebreaking. Just a "everybody up" button. So, for pve is cool, but not necessary.
Rushed Ceremony waste too much mana, even morphed into Honor the Dead.
Healing Ritual is cheap and cool...but you don't seem to be able to /cancelcast (or I didn't saw how), so you cant just go melee under a boss because if u need to roll around to dodge an ability you can't!!!
Restoring Aura seems GREAT for PVP morphed into Repentance.
Cleansing Ritual is good, but I think there are better options (look at efficient purge on the Alliance PVP support tree)
Channeled Focus looks amazing
And...all the passives are cool.

The healing rod have some cool options there:
Regeneration is AMAZING. Very cheap and heal a ton. Perfect for maintain the HoT on everyone and then focus on tank. And if u turned it into mutagen...wow, is crazy good. I think its the best heal in game
Siphon Spirit looks great for big bosses, and PVP.
The passives: Restoration Expert and Restoration Master looks great

So, do you like PVP? I'm gonna try this build on my breton:
http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...rt6MlNrE6MlNrB
I will exploit the support passives as much as I can

But....
(BIG) But....:
I saw one thing I NEED to try. I got diminishing returns on magic regen. The game told me, so...
So...what can I do about it? Because maybe you don't need to go all crazy magic regen healer. Maybe even you cant!
Maybe if u have the support passives and the templar ones, not only you don't need the light armor ones...even it's better to invest them somewhere (like on heavy armor paladin of the light XD XD XD)

So...if u dont need to go all paladin crazy healer, there is another cool option:
http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...f7cMDVRE6MDVRH
This is more like a Discipline Priest, with some interesting ways to recover mana
The mass dispel seems crazy on a healer. And the mines hits hard, are easy to use them to cc and maintain mobs away, and gives you something to do meanwhile your barriers and HoTs work

Last edited by Ark : 02/17/14 at 03:49 PM.
02/17/14, 05:57 PM   #3
Holylifton

My Templar Healing Build

If you look at the three "caster" races, the Bretons and Altmer have better magika management than the Dunmer. As a Dunmer, you need to invest 2 skill points to get a max magica of 9% vs Brets and Alts who get 10% with a single skill point. They also have the utility of increasingh their rate of magika rgen (Alts) or spending less magika on spells (Brets). So if players of equal skill were to have a competition, Brets and Alts might be a wash but they would both outheal the Dunmer.

Altmer
Spellcharge
+(3/6/9)% magicka recovery in combat.
Gift of Magnus
+(4/7/10)% maximum magicka.

Breton
Gift of Magnus
+(4/7/10)% maximum magicka.
Magicka Mastery
-(1/2/3)% spell cost.

Dunmer
Dynamic
+(2/4/6)% maximum magicka and stamina.
Resist Flame
+(1/2/3)% maximum magicka.

So I chose Altmer for my Healer. Basically what I've done is loaded up on Restoring light and Resto staff. I found that I had a lot of trouble with OOM during the beta so the plan is to use restoring light abilities until mana runs out then swith to resto staff abilities until stam runs out. I skilled up the Undaunted Blood Alter skill and even morphed it to Overflowing Alter. I might also skill up Equlibrium from the Mages guild to improve survivability. I will have to see how squishy I am. Also, it's another slotted skill.
Rinse and repeat.

Here's my build so far:
http://www.esohead.com/calculator/sk...KTzj8zL7McK4PZ

I expect multiple respects between 1 and 50 as the realities of the game's situations play out. But to start, I think this is headed in the right direction. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
02/17/14, 06:05 PM   #4
Callsign
Any class can heal with a Resto Staff. Each class brings a different style of healing. Find one which suits you the best.
02/17/14, 06:12 PM   #5
Holylifton

At Ark.

You are absolutely right about hitting the soft caps. I really liked the game feature that let you know where you stood there. At one point or another. I hit both the regen cap and/or the max magika cap. What I did to get out of that situation was switch out a couple of pieces of light armor for heavy armor thereby lowering my regen or magika and improving my survivability. This is another dynamic I'm going to have to play with. My the build I linked in my previous post, I'm expected to have hit the magika caps. possibly enough that I could don a full set of heavy armor and move skill points out of the light armor into the heavy armor to improve survivability or medium armor and improve stamina management for the resto staff skill set.
02/17/14, 07:04 PM   #6
Ark

Originally Posted by Holylifton View Post
So I chose Altmer for my Healer. Basically what I've done is loaded up on Restoring light and Resto staff. I found that I had a lot of trouble with OOM during the beta so the plan is to use restoring light abilities until mana runs out then swith to resto staff abilities until stam runs out.
I suppose u thought this after read the builder info...but I'm almost sure than the healing rod abilities use magika as well That info is just bugged, imho
(I say "almost sure" because maybe they did change it...but on last beta I used those abilities and they took magika, not stamina...but, who knows)
Originally Posted by Holylifton View Post
At Ark.

You are absolutely right about hitting the soft caps. I really liked the game feature that let you know where you stood there. At one point or another. I hit both the regen cap and/or the max magika cap. What I did to get out of that situation was switch out a couple of pieces of light armor for heavy armor thereby lowering my regen or magika and improving my survivability. This is another dynamic I'm going to have to play with. My the build I linked in my previous post, I'm expected to have hit the magika caps. possibly enough that I could don a full set of heavy armor and move skill points out of the light armor into the heavy armor to improve survivability or medium armor and improve stamina management for the resto staff skill set.
I would love to know exactly what those caps are, to be able to define more my build
But I didnt found that info anywhere

i think we're gonna spend too much money on the reset stones XD

Last edited by Ark : 02/17/14 at 07:06 PM.
02/17/14, 08:22 PM   #7
Holylifton

Originally Posted by Ark View Post
I suppose u thought this after read the builder info...but I'm almost sure than the healing rod abilities use magika as well That info is just bugged, imho
(I say "almost sure" because maybe they did change it...but on last beta I used those abilities and they took magika, not stamina...but, who knows)

I would love to know exactly what those caps are, to be able to define more my build
But I didnt found that info anywhere

i think we're gonna spend too much money on the reset stones XD
One onf my guildmates made a similar comment about the staff abilities. I remember for sure the LMB for the staff did use magika but I honestly can't remember if the slotted abilities used stam or magika. I'm definitely straightening that out during the beta..... it's a little significant.

As far as caps are concerned, they are pretty low. I don't ever recall hitting a cap at such a low level in any other game. I'm hoping some theory crafters figure it out and build a tool. In any case, I'm expecting my respects either to fix up my mistakes or because of race/class rebalances during the first year.
02/18/14, 12:15 AM   #8
dallock
so i haven't had the luxury of getting a beta invite yet so this is just speculation playing with skill calculator, but how is this healer build...

Last edited by dallock : 02/18/14 at 03:45 PM.
02/19/14, 02:19 AM   #9
TopfliteB

Originally Posted by dallock View Post
so i haven't had the luxury of getting a beta invite yet so this is just speculation playing with skill calculator, but how is this healer build...
Sorry you haven't gotten in yet mate Hopefully the next round of invites will be even BIGGER and thus get you in!

As for your build, I can tell you that as someone who played a Templar healer up to lvl 18 in the last beta that you will absolutely BLEED magika unless you're not careful. It's hard to tell about builds with the tool right now considering that the magika requirements are bugged and don't scale. Still, I would suggest perhaps un-slotting Extended Ritual and putting in another combat skill. Healing in ESO is less of "stand in the back and pump out heals" and more a "help kill things, throw heals up as they're needed, keep killing things"
03/11/14, 01:10 AM   #10
Cyrus
Originally Posted by dallock View Post
what combinations of abilities (racial, class, weapon, guild, etc) have you guys tried that you think make the best healer? and what armor, weapon, enchants best suit healers?
Unlike other MMO's, there really isn't just one best healer build. I have been experimenting a lot, and any one of the 4 classes and any one of the 10 races I could make a kickass healer.

My advice first is try to figure out what your play style is going to be.

Do you like "Back seat healing" or do you prefer to be up and in it?

Do you prefer to solo a lot, or do you desire to group whenever possible?

Do you like PvP? or Raiding?

Do you like to off tank, or do you prefer range dps? or two-hander?

The best healer build is going to be the one that makes you excited about playing it according to your play style.

So far I have made several builds and they are all really good.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills...YK6cK4YQ6cK4YW

My latest build, that I happen to be very fond of right now is a very high stamina build. I use only some magika.

Templar One Hand and Shield and Restoration Staff
Race: Imperial
20 HP 20 STA 9 MAG
5 or 4 Medium Armor and 2 or 3 Light Armor.

Restoring Light (15) (42), One hand and shield (15) (41), restoration staff (10 (41), aedric spear none, dawn's wrath none.

One thing I have learned is Stamina is your friend in this game: Blocking, Dodging, Sprinting, and Sneaking are good survival skills.

I also like that I can go deep in Craft: Tailoring and make both cloth and leather armor.

One Hand and Shield
(1) Shielded Assault (shield charge morph) = Attack, Stun, and damage shield
(2) Power Slam (Power bash morph) = damage and disorients for 15 seconds
(3) Absorb Magic (Defensive posture morph) = got a caster? Absorbs spell and heals you for 115%. When slotted (no activation required) give 115 block mitigation and reduced block cost 8%. So even when you are not using it, its helping you just being slotted.
(4) Spike Bone Shield (Bone shield morph) Guild Undaunted and its only lvl 4. Gain 50 armor for 6 seconds, 30% return damage to attacker, and synergy: other players can use it for a damage shield of 60% of their health.
(5) Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura morph) = Increase stamina and health regen 15% when slotted, activated allies get 80% health and stamina regen for 9 second.
(U) Remembrance (Rite of Passage morph) = this is the classic OH SH*T BUTTON heal.

With this build you can pretty much do anything. In PVP you can take on 2 or 3 that jump ya and survive.

Restoration Staff
It depends
Mutagen for sure--I think its the best heal in the game.
Force Siphon usually = heals while you and your group beat up on the mob or pvp.
Lingering ritual and maybe rushed ceremony or grand healing--depending.

Like i said i like to switch back and forth a lot. Toss mutagen and force siphon then flip back to one hand.

Anyway this is my favorite flavor right now.

Last edited by Cyrus : 03/11/14 at 01:24 AM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » best healer build?