07/12/23, 01:47 PM   #101
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Honestaly View Post
I've also turned my ad-block(s) off. Doesn't affect it.
I pay a subscription to not get ads anyway.

I've also used Firefox, which I do not install ad-blocks on, for these kinds of tests.
is it still an issue or its fixed?
08/04/23, 11:33 AM   #102
Josh-cr
TTC Client/add on not updating my listings on the TTC website

Hello,

I have both the add on, and the client installed on my computer. The client starts automatically when I start my PC.

However when I do a /reloadui command on tESO, my listing don't come up on the website.

I've also tried manually uploading the "TamrielTradeCentre.lua" on the website. And I still don't see my listing uploaded on the website.

Two months ago, when I would do so, the TTC website would reflect inmediately my listings.

Any idea why this might be happening? and how to fix it?
08/04/23, 02:00 PM   #103
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Does your file /live/SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCenter.lua does get a "last changed" date and time according to the reloadui?

If not something blocks access to it. Check your antivirus tools etc. if they block access to your documents folder and especially the live/SavedVariables folder.
08/04/23, 07:02 PM   #104
Josh-cr
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Does your file /live/SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCenter.lua does get a "last changed" date and time according to the reloadui?

If not something blocks access to it. Check your antivirus tools etc. if they block access to your documents folder and especially the live/SavedVariables folder.
Yes it does, I even tried deleting it and running the /reloadui. It does create a new TamrielTradeCenter.lua once I run the command on tESO.
08/05/23, 06:47 AM   #105
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you delete it you loose your settings (if you were logged out it will reset to defaults then) so you need to enable the item listing at the TTC settings menu ingame again!
If you were logged in it will be rebuild from ingame saved settings at the moment you did the reloadui (settings that were active ingame at that time, before the reloadui will be taken).

I somehow got weird behavor with TTC client myself. It lists all kind of very old item listings for me in the client as I start the client (ESO game not started yet).
I sold / listed these items months ago!
But somehow it collects that info now...

I guess we should report that at the addon comments:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Other reported issues there too already.
08/05/23, 12:42 PM   #106
Josh-cr
If you delete it you loose your settings (if you were logged out it will reset to defaults then) so you need to enable the item listing at the TTC settings menu ingame again!
If you were logged in it will be rebuild from ingame saved settings at the moment you did the reloadui (settings that were active ingame at that time, before the reloadui will be taken).

I somehow got weird behavor with TTC client myself. It lists all kind of very old item listings for me in the client as I start the client (ESO game not started yet).
I sold / listed these items months ago!
But somehow it collects that info now...

I guess we should report that at the addon comments:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Other reported issues there too already.
I deleted the file while loged in, so all settings remained. I just double check and everything is enable and still don't see my listingon the website. I'm wondering if I'm somehow baned or block from the website, 'cuz my friend's listing do appear immediately.

At this point i'm totally clueless on what to do.

Regarding those old listing you were experiencing, looks like that was bug, all my friends had the same issue, but it's now fix after updating the add on on Minion.
08/06/23, 04:16 AM   #107
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you stay logged in you cannot reset it fix saved data properly! Try to logout, rename the SavedVariable file, start the TTC client afterwards and let it download the prices.
Afterwards login and setup it new ingame.

Maybe this works to fix the listings, if it's SavedVariables related.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/07/23 at 01:43 AM.
08/06/23, 08:24 PM   #108
Josh-cr
If Iyou stay logged in you cannot reset it fix saved data properly! Try to logout, rename the SavedVariable file, start the TTC client afterwards and let it download the prices.
Afterwards login and setup it new ingame.

Maybe this works to fix the listings, if it's SavedVariables related.
Sadly for me, my listings still don't come up on the website :'C
08/07/23, 01:39 PM   #109
Blackpad
I keep getting a lot of captchas when I try to search for stuff and then I'm just blocked out of the TTC site. This just started happening for about a week now but I used to use the site everyday with no problems. I have to complete about a dozen captchas then I get a popup that says:

"Try again later
Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page."

The pricecheck works but not the listings search.

A guild member told me they have the same issue and to just refresh the page but that's not working.
08/08/23, 02:14 AM   #110
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Are you using any VPN software to connect to the internet? Captachs often occur if your IP address is the one of a known VPN/bot.
08/08/23, 12:09 PM   #111
cyxui
Originally Posted by Josh-cr View Post
Sadly for me, my listings still don't come up on the website :'C
if you reset your saved var file you need to head to bank and click on the listing tab manually or else TTC doesn't know what you currently have listed
08/08/23, 12:11 PM   #112
cyxui
Originally Posted by Blackpad View Post
I keep getting a lot of captchas when I try to search for stuff and then I'm just blocked out of the TTC site. This just started happening for about a week now but I used to use the site everyday with no problems. I have to complete about a dozen captchas then I get a popup that says:

"Try again later
Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page."

The pricecheck works but not the listings search.

A guild member told me they have the same issue and to just refresh the page but that's not working.
The captcha is provided by Google and has two components:

1. It has a hidden test which estimates how likely you are a bot with machine learning algorithm.
2. If the first test says you are likely a bot then the second level captcha system will kick in.

There are few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of being flagged as bot for the 1st test
1. Do NOT disable cookie. Google will need to have some way to keep track of the machine learning progress. If you disable cookie then they will see you as a new user every time. And if all the requests coming from your IP are all new users then it would look super suspicious.
2. Do NOT use browser addons which would interfere w/ Google's captcha service. (for example ad blocker which attempts to block all Google's service including captcha)
3. Do not use any automation software/addon to query TTC such as a custom web client or an auto refresher.
4. Do not wait too long to solve the captcha
5. Try not to use VPN as it will greatly increase your chance of being identified as bot if someone is botting using the same VPN software as you

And just one tip. If you are opening up several windows at once. You only have to solve captcha on one window and refresh the rest.
08/08/23, 01:58 PM   #113
Blackpad
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
The captcha is provided by Google and has two components:

1. It has a hidden test which estimates how likely you are a bot with machine learning algorithm.
2. If the first test says you are likely a bot then the second level captcha system will kick in.

There are few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of being flagged as bot for the 1st test
1. Do NOT disable cookie. Google will need to have some way to keep track of the machine learning progress. If you disable cookie then they will see you as a new user every time. And if all the requests coming from your IP are all new users then it would look super suspicious.
2. Do NOT use browser addons which would interfere w/ Google's captcha service. (for example ad blocker which attempts to block all Google's service including captcha)
3. Do not use any automation software/addon to query TTC such as a custom web client or an auto refresher.
4. Do not wait too long to solve the captcha
5. Try not to use VPN as it will greatly increase your chance of being identified as bot if someone is botting using the same VPN software as you

And just one tip. If you are opening up several windows at once. You only have to solve captcha on one window and refresh the rest.
I just remembered the one thing that changed. I started using CloudFlare's DNS servers instead of Google's. When I switched back to Google, the TTC site is working again. Google sucks.
08/08/23, 05:59 PM   #114
cyxui
Originally Posted by Blackpad View Post
I just remembered the one thing that changed. I started using CloudFlare's DNS servers instead of Google's. When I switched back to Google, the TTC site is working again. Google sucks.
I don't think DNS will affect anything. But as long as it works i guess.
08/15/23, 07:29 PM   #115
Josh-cr
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
if you reset your saved var file you need to head to bank and click on the listing tab manually or else TTC doesn't know what you currently have listed
I dunno what I did, but I see my listings now after a couple months! I'm soooo happy <3

Thank you all for your workarounds and responses <3 <3 <3
09/11/23, 03:08 PM   #116
Marcus
Selling Data

I realize you use Google 'shtuff' on your site, and that's fine, since there's nowhere you can away from Google. But your privacy policy doesn't say anything about what you do with the data you collect. With your application running on our computers 24/7, that's an issue that needs some attention.

From your other posts, I'm fairly sure you would consider selling user data out of bounds, but I'd like to hear it plain and straight from you. And maybe think about adding wording to that effect to your Privacy Policy?

Thank you for your time and work.
09/11/23, 03:35 PM   #117
TeemoCell
I Hope the website will ever get a new look. The current website looks horrible and is slow.
09/17/23, 05:19 PM   #118
cyxui
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I realize you use Google 'shtuff' on your site, and that's fine, since there's nowhere you can away from Google. But your privacy policy doesn't say anything about what you do with the data you collect. With your application running on our computers 24/7, that's an issue that needs some attention.

From your other posts, I'm fairly sure you would consider selling user data out of bounds, but I'd like to hear it plain and straight from you. And maybe think about adding wording to that effect to your Privacy Policy?

Thank you for your time and work.
Pretty sure i have already listed out the 'personal' data that the site ever collects. your email address and in game uid when you register. If you don't register then we don't actively collect anything besides Google.

the application only collects data collected by the addon. That means the only thing it has access to will be in game data. The only 'personal' data i can think of will be your UID.

As for the Google analytics part: Google doesnt give us any user specific data. All it provides is an aggregation. I.E. no raw personal data involved. You will need to read up on Google's privacy policy for what Google will do with the raw data. Pretty sure it is very well explained.

And no i never mentioned anything regarding selling personal data. The closest thing would be the paid access to a real time search api. Thats an idea that I am not willing to consider unless situation got worse and it becomes the last resort to keep the site alive. Even then it is only the listing data that is publicly available. No personal data is involved.
09/17/23, 05:20 PM   #119
cyxui
Originally Posted by TeemoCell View Post
I Hope the website will ever get a new look. The current website looks horrible and is slow.
Mind elaborate a bit more on the slow part?
09/23/23, 06:36 PM   #120
Blackpad
The recaptcha loop is back. I'm logged in to Google and your site but I keep getting stopped by recaptcha. I'm not using any ad blockers. I love your site and your addon but this is making me use ESO trading hub more and more.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » TTC website issues thread