11/01/19, 11:44 AM   #1
Jhenox

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Single use synergy tracker? Alert when should use again.

I started writing this with only necrotic/mystic/energy orbs in mind but I assume this can apply to a number of single-use skills (ones where only one can be active at a time) that can be synergized by other players. Is there maybe an addon that could alert me that my single use shards, orbs, etc has either timed out or been synergized so I know to fire another one? This came to mind when I was using orbs in a trial recently. Other players were using orbs too and it was hard to track visually. I was either not using orbs as often as I could or wasting magicka etc by using them too often. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.
11/01/19, 01:32 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
afaik there is no way to track if another user used a skill. This was shut down due to PvP addons predicting attacks from others near you etc.
11/01/19, 02:04 PM   #3
Jhenox

I assumed that would be the case. Thank you for the reply.
11/01/19, 04:11 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
An idea:
If you are grouped you could use LibGroupSocket to send data via mappings. If a user uses your addon and it sends data about events raised from synergies (like the ultimate sharing addons do e.g.) you could make it work.
But you msut be carefull about sending too much data and too often. The server can only handle a distinct amount of mappings at the same time and there are already other addons which do not use this library. So their data is not throttled and kept into a "non-kick" amount by the library.
All together this will most likely make the server kick you for message spam if you are using multiple of these sharing addons...

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Single use synergy tracker? Alert when should use again.