07/29/21, 01:18 PM   #1
Othienka
Question Moving the Info Panel to the Left Edge of the Screen

Has anyone had any issues moving the default latency/info panel to the edge of the left side of the screen? There seems to be a block in there that keeps it from touching the edge of the screen, unlike if I try it with other ui parts. I'm using Hoft's Info Panel, but I can replicate the same issue trying to move the Vanilla Framerate/Latency panel.

I'm betting there is some margin/anchor somewhere, since it seems to be pretty much saving up space for the framerate section, even when turned off.

Last edited by Othienka : 07/30/21 at 07:45 AM.
07/29/21, 01:33 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All addons disabled:

It's totally at the left for me. The background, black, is a bit bigger than the content so maybe that's what you mean? But the anchoring is to the background's left edge and this is at the full left for me.

Disable all of your addons and try if it works then. If not it might be your screen reolution? Are you using scaling?
07/30/21, 07:58 AM   #3
Othienka
Oh woops, forgot to mention my issue was that the info panel apparently "saves" some space for the FPS and the Latency section, even if turned off in the options. So I couldn't move the panel straight to the edge (or past) the left side of the screen.

Here is a visual example:

Now with FPS off:

And what it ideally should be with FPS off:

I already "fixed" it though, by modifying the Line 620 in InfoPanel.lua from:
Code:
ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,LEFT,10,0
to
Code:
ZO_PerformanceMetersFramerateMeter:SetAnchor(LEFT,ZO_PerformanceMeters,LEFT,-3,0)
07/30/21, 10:21 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
So your problem was that another addon (the toolbar) was not movable to the left edge of the screen? This was totally not understandable from your post
Would have told you to tell the author of that other addon to NOT anchor to the performance bar of ZOs if it is disabled, but just to the GUI_ROOT then
07/30/21, 09:51 PM   #5
Othienka
Well, I had the same issues moving both the default performance bar and the Info Panel addon (which just adds extra info to the default performance bar). Thus I only moved the anchor of the framemeter itself (when using the addon) to "solve" the issue.

Last edited by Othienka : 07/30/21 at 09:54 PM.
07/31/21, 06:08 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
But the default ZOs (vanilla UI) bar is at the most left position as my screenshot shows.
But now I understand what you meant:
From your changed example I can see that you meant the FPS meter on that bar (black background: ZO_PerformanceMeters) which was not at the total left edge of the background but 10 pixels more to the right.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Moving the Info Panel to the Left Edge of the Screen