05/26/15, 02:33 PM   #1
Zireael
Share settings with a friend

Hi, have you ever watched someone's game stream or youtube video and thought to yourself - wow, this guy has a very nice GUI setup! I want my game to look just like that!

It would be nice to be able to Export all addon list (or even be able to choose which addons you want to share with others) WITH all settings.
Then you send this exported package to a friend and they use Minion to import your setup into their game.

Telling someone "oh, I use Shrendar and Azurah to make my screen look like this" doesn't really cut it, because one needs to configure them a bit. Well, with 2 addons it's not that bad, but you might want 10-20-30 addons to achieve the same look and feel. And automating this process into 'easy mode' would be great.

I know it's kinda already possible with some toying around (swapping character names, account names etc) in Notepad++ like in PhinixUI, but it's not something my friends would be capable of doing. They just want to point the sword at the enemy and press buttons to make firebals
05/26/15, 02:36 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This won't be possible as the SavedVariable files of eacha ddon are saved to the account names of the players.

If the account "Account1" plays with addons Azurah and FCOItemSaver activated and you export it as a package with the SavedVariables the other account2 won't be able to use the SavedVariables because the addon loads settings for the old account1, and not account2.

So you'd need to manually edit the SavedVariables lua files and change the account names AND the character names to your new ones before you can use it "exactly" the same way.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Share settings with a friend