02/25/14, 09:16 PM   #1
JadeKnightblazer
Make my api info private addon

I would like a simple addon that would keep my players stats, skills. magicka, stam and channeling bar private.

Meaning it would disable other addons that show too much infomation to players.
02/25/14, 10:13 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is not possible.
02/26/14, 08:24 AM   #3
gamegenius86

I agree with Seerah, i dont believe this is possible.

However if you know all of the add-ons and what you want hidden. I guess you might be able to edit the add-on to hide those frames. Or contact the author about adding some configuration.
02/26/14, 01:21 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
I believe the OP is looking for a way to keep that information from other players, which is why this is not possible. The other players' addons don't query your game client for that info, they simply ask the server.

/edit: besides, this would be totally unfair for PvP
02/26/14, 03:57 PM   #5
pvpLeeter
You won't need a mod for this. It is going to be an option in the general options within your client to make your info private.

Not to mention several programmers on the official forums said it would be easy to create a mod like this but won't be needed because of the option within the client.
02/26/14, 04:02 PM   #6
pvpLeeter
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I believe the OP is looking for a way to keep that information from other players, which is why this is not possible. The other players' addons don't query your game client for that info, they simply ask the server.

/edit: besides, this would be totally unfair for PvP
Isn't the op looking for a mod of this nature because some of the pvp mods are already totally unfair?

Lol look at the irony of your edit statement.

Last edited by pvpLeeter : 02/26/14 at 04:05 PM.
02/26/14, 04:53 PM   #7
Errc
Originally Posted by pvpLeeter View Post
You won't need a mod for this. It is going to be an option in the general options within your client to make your info private.

Not to mention several programmers on the official forums said it would be easy to create a mod like this but won't be needed because of the option within the client.
Where did you see this information? I haven't seen much communication from the dev team with the modding community (at least on the forums).

I also really doubt that this would be able to be accomplished by an addon. This sort of information for other players is gathered from the server, not from the client. I would be surprised if they allowed a user to modify their information or its available at that level.
02/26/14, 05:29 PM   #8
Reymas
I hope this is possible and negates all use of the info-parsing addons for PvP. Fine for PvE.
02/26/14, 06:23 PM   #9
pvpLeeter
Originally Posted by Errc View Post
Where did you see this information? I haven't seen much communication from the dev team with the modding community (at least on the forums).

I also really doubt that this would be able to be accomplished by an addon. This sort of information for other players is gathered from the server, not from the client. I would be surprised if they allowed a user to modify their information or its available at that level.
You would have to ask the guy that said it. He said the api stuff was simple to modify, he said he programmed in several languages, forgot his name. It is in one of the locked threads on the forum about mods. several people quoted devs I believe about the privacy options but I didn't see a quote
02/26/14, 09:19 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Again, there's no way this is possible with an addon, and also no way ZO would add this to the game. Don't forget that ESO is an MMORPG and PvP is part of the game.

If you don't want to see your opponent's health or cast bars for immersion's sake, then use an addon to hide that for yourself (or just don't look at the health bar).

If you want to hide your health or cast bar from other people because you don't want them to know what you're doing or how close you are to dying, that's not just immersion for you anymore. That's cheating.
02/27/14, 01:29 AM   #11
JadeKnightblazer
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Again, there's no way this is possible with an addon, and also no way ZO would add this to the game. Don't forget that ESO is an MMORPG and PvP is part of the game.

If you don't want to see your opponent's health or cast bars for immersion's sake, then use an addon to hide that for yourself (or just don't look at the health bar).

If you want to hide your health or cast bar from other people because you don't want them to know what you're doing or how close you are to dying, that's not just immersion for you anymore. That's cheating.

I feel like its cheating that a person with an Addon gets too see all information which the vanilla players don't. Meaning the advantage is huge for said addon making it Mandatory to download it to be competive in Pvp.

If its true that ZO is adding the toggle to block the addon API information reads, that would be great. Else there should be something in place to make sure Addons are not given out too much private information (Magicka, Stam, Skills, Channeling ability) which puts the Vanilla players at a way to much disadvantage.

If a coder is up for the challange of creating this "Mask" type Addon, I am sure it would be a huge hit... besides the cries of the other addon users which will even out the battle field.

Over all... its sad that Addons are forced in order to survive in pvp now =/

Isn't the op looking for a mod of this nature because some of the pvp mods are already totally unfair?

Lol look at the irony of your edit statement.
This 100%

Hope this is true.

Last edited by JadeKnightblazer : 02/27/14 at 01:31 AM.
02/27/14, 04:38 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by JadeKnightblazer View Post
If a coder is up for the challange of creating this "Mask" type Addon, I am sure it would be a huge hit... besides the cries of the other addon users which will even out the battle field.
Again, this type of addon is not possible.
02/28/14, 02:11 PM   #13
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
An addon running on your client can not reach across the interwebs and stop another player's client's addons from working. Seerah has said it several times. It isn't possible.

The logical request would be to ask ZOS, on the official forums or through /feedback in game, to disable the ability to see more than a target's health and name. Or you could keep arguing here for no sane reason.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Make my api info private addon