08/03/21, 09:56 PM   #1
SerLoras

Addon to Display Crouched or Uncrouched

I use a Darloc-Brae for a perma-stealth build on my Nightblade. Darloc-Brae basically works by giving you infinite magicka and stamina regen while crouching. So, for the build the work I need to make sure I am crouching whenever I am not actively attacking someone.

Unfortunately, it is really hard to see whether or not I am crouching while also using the Nightblade Cloak ability. For some stupid reason the game shows exactly the same "hidden" icon and the same character animation whether I am clocked and crouching or I am cloaked and not crouching.

Is there any addon that can tell me whether I am crouched or not? Currently the only way for me to tell is to let my Cloak fall off which often means I accidentally reveal myself if I wasn't already crouching.

I am currently using Miat's Stealth Text, and I quite like it for other things, but I don't see a way for it to indicate specifically whether I am crouched or not.
08/04/21, 04:02 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the game makes no difference between crouching and stealth in terms of set bonus?
Don't you need to be fully stealthed to get the bonus? Just pressing the crouch key and enemies around you who detect you is not granting it, isn't it?

Unfortunately there is no API function like IsUnitCrouching("player")
So one could only check if the event
EVENT_STEALTH_STATE_CHANGED (*string* _unitTag_, *[StealthState|#StealthState]* _stealthState_)
provides the info.
But this relies on the game's vanilla UI and shows you if you are stealthed, going to be stealthed or are detected etc. at the crosshair already.

And Miat's stealth addon already uses exactly that information.
I recently worked on Better Stealth Text to revive it, maybe you can use this one and try if it's better:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7l9rg7ywh...rtram.zip?dl=1

Not sure if it still contains the debugging messages, you need to try it out. But if anything is not working I'm not willing to fix it further. It was just a try to update the oudated addon, like described here in this forum thread:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...hlight=stealth

Last edited by Baertram : 08/04/21 at 04:08 AM.
08/05/21, 03:09 PM   #3
SerLoras

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I think the game makes no difference between crouching and stealth in terms of set bonus?
Don't you need to be fully stealthed to get the bonus? Just pressing the crouch key and enemies around you who detect you is not granting it, isn't it?

Unfortunately there is no API function like IsUnitCrouching("player")
So one could only check if the event
EVENT_STEALTH_STATE_CHANGED (*string* _unitTag_, *[StealthState|#StealthState]* _stealthState_)
provides the info.
But this relies on the game's vanilla UI and shows you if you are stealthed, going to be stealthed or are detected etc. at the crosshair already.

And Miat's stealth addon already uses exactly that information.
I recently worked on Better Stealth Text to revive it, maybe you can use this one and try if it's better:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7l9rg7ywh...rtram.zip?dl=1

Not sure if it still contains the debugging messages, you need to try it out. But if anything is not working I'm not willing to fix it further. It was just a try to update the oudated addon, like described here in this forum thread:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...hlight=stealth
That is disappointing, but thank you very much for the information. Do you happen to know if there is any API function that could indicate specifically whether the Dacloc Brae 5 piece bonus is active?

AFAIK, the Darloc sustain bonus is active whenever you are crouching and not blocking, even if you are not fully hidden or you have been detected.

The effect seems to be indicated by a particle animation that appears on your character while you are crouching (see image below, notice the purple and gold sparkles). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any other indicator of the effect. It doesn't appear in my buff tracker; I can see the effect in Combat Metrics, as Sustain and Healing, but the effect only seems to appear when it is actively effecting regen. (For example, I saw the effect in the Healing section and the Stamina sustain section, but not in the Magicka sustain section because I had full magicka while I was testing it).

08/06/21, 05:26 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No sorry, I do not know any API like this and I guess this is not given and handled on server side, same like the effect sparkles shown.
If there is no buff you can see on your character if you press C and scroll down, there is no way to tarck it.
You could check if this addon is able to track it, but maybe it only supports monster sets and proc sets (where this somehow is a proc ):
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...cSetTimer.html
Or maybe he knows a way to add it + an indicator for you which is better visible. But I also think this is relying on the buffs shown on your char.
As there is no IsCrouching as I said all one could maybe do is create a workaround addon which does the following:
Use the event stealth_state_changed and check if the state is something like "could be crouching" There are some states like "hidden but detected soon", "hidden", "hiding" etc. which say in total: "You are crouching". It's not very accurate but best one could use.
Then check if the set is worn, and 5 pieces are active.
And then show some visual indicator icon on screen, or maybe also check if not full health/stam/magicka and if there incoming regularly ticks of health/stam/magicka (hopefully at the same time so one could exclude other heals, as I guess the incoming values depend on the quality of the set items worn and other parameters? Or are they always fixed the same values like 670?

I'm writign this here for other devs as I'm not going to work on this. I got way to many addons already to maintain, but perhaps someone is willing to use the info and create such a helper addon for you.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to Display Crouched or Uncrouched