Quantcast
Help with Spanish Translation - ESOUI
07/25/20, 01:02 PM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help with Spanish Translation

What is used for the fan translation for Dig Site?

What is used for the fan translation for Scuttle Bloom?

07/28/20, 03:41 PM   #2
Inval1d

Dig site = yacimiento(s)

Scuttle bloom = flor trotadora or flores trotadoras in the plural form

Last edited by Inval1d : 08/01/20 at 05:07 PM.
07/29/20, 07:52 AM   #3
Sharlikran

Thank you very much. Although I am looking for the translation your team will be using. This is for two mods and the string has to match. Which is why I am requesting the translation for those two things.

What that would mean is that if you use Yacimiento and Flor trotadora, that is fine but ask someone on the team to verify that is what you have for the fan translation, and then ask them to add a comment that a mod uses those strings so that they are not changed.
07/31/20, 02:44 AM   #4
Inval1d

Oh I can do that about the comment myself, as I'm one of the moderators for the translation teams.

Also we do use a glossary for those things which is mostly unchangeable unless the other moderators agree, so you can rest assure that those lines, (yacimiento, flor trotadora) ain't gonna change anytime soon, if ever.
07/31/20, 07:31 AM   #5
Sharlikran

Will the first letter be in caps like I had it? Yacimiento and Flor trotadora?

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/31/20 at 11:47 AM.
07/31/20, 08:06 PM   #6
Inval1d

Well if it's case sensitive... In game you should see it as "Yacimiento" and "Flor trotadora", although in the strings for the addon they are both in lower cases (also both with the gender code ^m for male common nouns, that is, "yacimiento^m" and "flor trotadora^m"), but they do show ingame with caps due to some code trickery with the <<1>> and the <<C:1>>s.

Lemme know when you release your addon and I'll try to test if it works properly.

Last edited by Inval1d : 07/31/20 at 08:10 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Translation Help » Help with Spanish Translation