09/19/22, 05:25 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update 36 (Version 8.2)

The next dlc "Firesong" will be available on the PTS later today.

New API Version: 101036

Notable Changes
  • New zone, item sets, combat changes, etc.
  • Official Simplified Chinese Localization
  • Target Markers for Enemies, Allies and yourself
  • Housing QoL Updates (like easier placement of hangable items)
  • Options to hide pets in towns and limit fps when the game is not focused
  • Text to Speech Integration (coming later in the PTS cycle / week 3+)
  • Customized Actions (= "personality lite", new crown store items that modify certain character actions like farming or fast travel animations)

PTS Dev Guild
We have created guilds on the EU and NA server for all addon developers, which get copied over during the PTS cycle for a new update, so we can test guild related things, ask for help with testing or just chat. If you need an invite, ask here or over on our Gitter channel. You are also free to join them on the live servers so you don't always have to be reinvited when the PTS is wiped.

LinksI'll edit the OP with more useful information as you post it and add the links as they become available.

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 11/02/22 at 12:53 PM.
09/20/22, 04:59 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not sure if any addon broke it but after I deactivated a lot addons and libs the "description" widget of LibAddonMenu-2.0 was broken in every addon settings panel for me.
The description text somehow was behind the other controls.
And the submenu widgets did not show any content at all (they did not expand, only the texture of the arrow was changing as if it expanded/collapsed).

If you experience the same and find a fix please communicate it here. Thank you!
09/20/22, 11:32 PM   #3
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Not sure if any addon broke it but after I deactivated a lot addons and libs the "description" widget of LibAddonMenu-2.0 was broken in every addon settings panel for me.
The description text somehow was behind the other controls.
And the submenu widgets did not show any content at all (they did not expand, only the texture of the arrow was changing as if it expanded/collapsed).

If you experience the same and find a fix please communicate it here. Thank you!
Yes, I have this submenu problem with Unboxer but it looks like the some other addons don't have it, I will compare them and report.

EDIT: Indeed all addons using LibAddonMenu-2.0 have:
- Description overlapping (like if someone would forget some tags in an html table)
- The submenu behavior you described

Last edited by Masteroshi430 : 09/20/22 at 11:43 PM.
09/21/22, 12:08 PM   #4
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
API Documentation
Attached Files
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP36.txt (16.9 KB, 534 views)
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP36.txt (893.2 KB, 565 views)
09/27/22, 01:02 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
Yes, I have this submenu problem with Unboxer but it looks like the some other addons don't have it, I will compare them and report.

EDIT: Indeed all addons using LibAddonMenu-2.0 have:
- Description overlapping (like if someone would forget some tags in an html table)
- The submenu behavior you described
New iformation, thanks Dan:

ZOSDanBatson
Okay we tracked down the issue with LAM. I have a fix incoming for a future PTS hopefully. In the meantime, if it's really causing issues, you can change this code:
control:SetDimensionConstraints(width, 0, width, 0)
to use -1 instead of 0 in SetDimensionConstraints where you want no constraint

So yea, on PTS atm, for a control that is ResizeToFitDescendents, 0 means 0.
So you can use -1 to correct for the issue
And -1 will always be (and always has been) safe to use in place of 0 to mean the same thing: "not set"
Means:
It was always better to use -1 if you want to have dimension constraints with an "unset" value, instead of 0.
A fix will correct this so 0 works too again - Currently on PTS 0 really means 0 which makes the LAM controls not show properly (height, width) and ResizeToFitDescendents not work properly as the controls' size it should resize to is not given.

You could check your addons code for :SetDimensionConstraints calls and if there is any 0 in the params you could replace it with -1 to make it compatible with current PTS and new live patches. Or wait for the fix until 0 works properly again as "unset".

Edit 2022-10-08:
Please read this new thread created by ZOsDanBatson:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46625

Last edited by Baertram : 10/08/22 at 08:56 AM.
09/27/22, 02:02 PM   #6
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

FWIW I think -1 was an olde ways ancient magicks kind of thing in the Before Times when the universe was being created, and was quickly abandoned for 0. So in these modern times, 0 is just as good as -1, but for this brief period of turmoil, it happens that -1 would have been the safer bet. Vanilla Lua uses 0 to mean "not set" a lot though, so take from that what you will.
11/02/22, 02:09 AM   #7
Masteroshi430

So Improved behaviour for ResizeToFitDescendents is 101036 or 101037?

Originally Posted by ZOS_DanBatson View Post
Coming in 101037 will be a change to the behavior of ResizeToFitDescendents, something for addon developers to be aware of. Consider this code:
11/02/22, 11:57 AM   #8
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
So Improved behaviour for ResizeToFitDescendents is 101036 or 101037?
The fix for the issue described above was a bug that should have been fixed and merged to PTS.

Independently of that, there are changes to ResizeToFitDescendants coming in 37 (so NOT part of this update).

Last edited by ZOS_DanBatson : 11/02/22 at 12:05 PM.
11/02/22, 12:04 PM   #9
ZOS_DanBatson
ZOS Staff!

Updated documentation
Attached Files
File Type: txt APIPatchNotesP36_2.txt (272 Bytes, 267 views)
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP36_2.txt (893.2 KB, 285 views)
11/02/22, 07:57 PM   #10
ligulas
Node Detection

Does anyone know of a fix in the making or already known that can fix the crash to desktop issue when Node Detection for Harvest Maps is active? Thanks.
11/02/22, 08:18 PM   #11
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by ligulas View Post
Does anyone know of a fix in the making or already known that can fix the crash to desktop issue when Node Detection for Harvest Maps is active? Thanks.
This is a very well known issue. Every player knows about it. Every guild knows about it. Every guild discord has posted about it. Even a guild's discord where I'm not a member of the guild but I joined to help a member with one of my mods.

It is also at the top of the ESO forums in RED.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ussion/620800/

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/02/22 at 08:27 PM.
11/03/22, 06:03 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by ligulas View Post

ZOSDanBatson @ZOSDanBatson Nov. 01 17:40
We're aware of the issue and know the culprit but we're trying to determine how best to get the fix out. It does seem to be primarily NodeDetection running into the issue, though that's not too say NodeDetection did anything wrong.

For the time being the best thing to do is not use NodeDetection until we can get a fix out

The issue is coming from the use of animations. Can NodeDetection stop using animations in the interim?
The last question is the last state. We need to wait or find a way to use NodeDetection without the "animation" mentioned.
But afaik Shinni once said he uses that animations to circumvent an API shortcomming at the compass, or something like that.

In the end he will know and as he finds time maybe able to fix it. Everything else is: Wait and rename NodeDetection folder to NodeDetection_OLD or disable it ingame if shown as seperate library.
11/03/22, 02:12 PM   #13
SteveCampsOut

Question Is there a List of Addons that use NodeDetection?

Is there a List of Addons that use NodeDetection?
11/03/22, 03:44 PM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Afaik its an HarvestMap only related lib only released with that addon included, not released separately (what an addon search does pretty easily show) ?

Last edited by Baertram : 11/03/22 at 03:46 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Update 36 (Version 8.2)