03/29/17, 01:07 AM   #1
Hoft

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Circle texture

I can not find any function to set alpha for conners of square texture.
I just want to draw circle textures from existed square.
03/29/17, 12:33 PM   #2
Dolgubon

I don't know of any languages that would let you set the alpha of the corner of a square. I think what you're looking for is a way to set how rounded the corners are, and unfortunately I don't know of any way to do so in ESO. I would look into the colour pickers to see how that gets a circle, since they do have the circular colour pickers.
03/29/17, 01:19 PM   #3
votan

I'm not sure, but I think you can bend the edges of a texture control with :SetVertexUV(*[VERTEX_POINTS|#VERTEX_POINTS]* _vertex_, *number* _u_, *number* _v_)
03/29/17, 02:39 PM   #4
Shinni
Originally Posted by votan View Post
I'm not sure, but I think you can bend the edges of a texture control with :SetVertexUV(*[VERTEX_POINTS|#VERTEX_POINTS]* _vertex_, *number* _u_, *number* _v_)
I think you mean SetVertexColors(number vertexPoints, number red, number green, number blue, number alpha)

However, textures are rendered as 2 triangles, so setting the alpha of all corners to 0 will make the entire texture disappear.

It's possible to combine the two methods to render one image via multiple texture controls and blend individual parts of the image (see TrueExploration addon), but this can only approximate a circle.

edit:
Here is an example. There are gradients, but they are rather linear and the diagonals only work in one direction. Circles will be hard to apprximate.

Last edited by Shinni : 03/29/17 at 02:42 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Circle texture