01/21/23, 03:08 PM   #1
techprince
Single use skills addon

Is there a separate addon to automatically switch skills after using it once? AlphaGear/Dressing Room lacks that functionality but Bandit Gear Manager (Single Use Slots) / Wizard's Wardrobe (Prebuff Skill Shortcuts) has it.
01/21/23, 05:10 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I only know Wizard's Wardrobe doing this.
Why don't you use that instead of asking for another? Just setup 2 bars for normal usage, without any boss or trial relating stuff.
Can be used as a normal gear manager for questing/overland too.
01/22/23, 01:34 PM   #3
techprince
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I only know Wizard's Wardrobe doing this.
Why don't you use that instead of asking for another? Just setup 2 bars for normal usage, without any boss or trial relating stuff.
Can be used as a normal gear manager for questing/overland too.
Wizard's Wardrobe is too compact, is used for extreme optimization which I am not interested in and it doesn't allow easy ability management like AlphaGear. For example, I can save different item sets, and different skill setups and pair them in any build or not pair them at all. The only feature it lacks is single-use ability bars.
01/22/23, 02:12 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe you did not use it correctly then as I do what you describe with it perfectly fine?
It's basically nothing else than Alpha gear if you just use the General section and add your different sets + skills to use.
It's even easier than AG2 to add the skills by using SHIFT + click etc. (the tooltips show you that info).
Everyhting else is the same: Drag & drop skills / set items.

Like this screeshot here shows (even looks similar to AG2):

Just define your 2 skill bars, define your equipped items at the icons at the topright of each row and even define your champion points etc. at the bottom right of each row.
You change those setups manually via keybinds then e.g.

This is nothing about optimization, it's pretty the same as AG2 does.

Edit:
Not sure about the "1 skill changes", if this is easily doable with those "General" setups too. Maybe it only works within trials/dungeons then.

But I'd simply ask the author for it, if there is already/or if he is willing to add a way to make it work with those profiles too.

Perhaps someone here reading this knows a better way or another addon but I was not able to find any. And I bet noone is interested into creating the next addon doing all that, reinventing the wheel, if there would be a cleaner and easier solution: Use an existing addon, modify it to add that feature if possible.
Creating addons, especially skill and gear related ones, can take months to accomplish and make compatible with all other addons and game code (espeically the testing is a big time invest!).

Last edited by Baertram : 01/22/23 at 02:17 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Single use skills addon