11/06/22, 06:37 PM   #1
doru
Master Merchant crashing after updating it

Hi. I updated MM to 3.7.22 today, and as soon as the game started I started to receive the "lua" errors.
Below is the error I get

user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/LibGuildStore.lua:281: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/LibGuildStore.lua:281: in function 'SetupDefaults'
|caaaaaa<Locals> systemDefault = [table:1]{maxItemCount = 5000, minItemCount = 20, historyDepthSL = 180, historyDepthCI = 180, version = 2, firstRunEu = T, updateAdditionalText = F, historyDepthPI = 180, firstRunNa = T, showTruncateSummary = F, showGuildInitSummary = F, minimalIndexing = F, useSalesHistory = T, libHistoireScanByTimestamp = F, overrideMMImport = F, showIndexingSummary = F, historyDepth = 90}, sv = [table:2]{maxItemCount = 5000, minItemCount = 20, historyDepthSL = 180, historyDepthCI = 180, version = 2, firstRunEu = T, updateAdditionalText = F, historyDepthPI = 180, showIndexingSummary = F, showTruncateSummary = F, showGuildInitSummary = F, minimalIndexing = F, useSalesHistory = T, libHistoireScanByTimestamp = F, overrideMMImport = F, historyDepth = 90, firstRunNa = F} </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/LibGuildStore.lua:374: in function 'LibGuildStoreInitialize'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/LibGuildStore.lua:673: in function 'OnAddOnLoaded'
|caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 65536, addonName = "LibGuildStore" </Locals>|r

Not sure how to proceed. Thanks. Also attached are the above txt file and libdebuglogger file
Attached Files
File Type: txt MM Crash.txt (1.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: lua LibDebugLogger.lua (781.8 KB, 102 views)
11/06/22, 07:21 PM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

As noted when you go to post in the forums you are asked not to report errors in the forums. Especially for mods that are maintained. Nobody except the author can advise you better.

If you update to 3.7.23 it will function better with one exception. While MM no longer has LibPrice as a dependency some mods might require LibPrice.

LibPrice has MasterMerchant as an optional dependency which is causing the circular dependency error.

There is a suggestion in the sticky post in the comment section for Master Merchant.
11/06/22, 07:23 PM   #3
doru
I noticed a bunch of negative time stamps. Is this something I could fix myself? If yes, with what values do I change the negative values?
Also, I noticed Master Merchant is totally disabled as a window, and when doing sales, I cannot check any guild for items (browsing items). It's always that error popping up.
The only window related to MM is when I check the guilds (G command), the lib histoire seems working, but that's it.
And in the in-game add-ons (Settings/Addons), Master Merchant is not there
However it is in the login page at character level.

Thanks
11/06/22, 07:33 PM   #4
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by doru View Post
I noticed a bunch of negative time stamps. Is this something I could fix myself? If yes, with what values do I change the negative values?
Nope, ZOS server issue. They are aware, and no fix is upcoming because they can't really reproduce it.

Originally Posted by doru View Post
Also, I noticed Master Merchant is totally disabled as a window, and when doing sales, I cannot check any guild for items (browsing items). It's always that error popping up.
Quit the game and then read the MM sticky post. You will need to check what you have enabled after you arrive at the character screen once you put in your password.

Pay very close attention to the MM sticky post. Read it like 3 or more times if you have to.

Originally I had wanted to update some of the internal MM functions to use LibPrice so I had intended it to be a dependency. However, until the author updates LibPrice it's going to cause an error even though I removed LibPrice from one of the MM files that tells the game what MM requires.

So if you have mods that require LibPrice, then you will have to manually alter a file yourself. Otherwise you can uninstall LibPrice with Minion if nothing uses it for now. Although, I still intend to use it in the future for its price cache.
11/06/22, 07:36 PM   #5
doru
Thank you Sir. I used another post to be able to locate your sticky. Sorry, not sure how to navigate this forum. Your sticky has helped. I installed the 3.7.23 version and the LibAlchelmy, and once logged in, libhistoire just started to update, and the error was gone.
You are pure gold.
Thank you
11/07/22, 04:07 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As a reference to how to navigate a forum:
Inside the forum you wash to post something watch out for the top part, there are pinned "sticky" threads explaining the most asked questions.

They also ask you to read before posting new threads

Please READ BEFORE asking addon&library questions/post bugs/want to remove your addon

In this you'll find the info how to and where to report bugs so that the devs will find them more easily and got less to do because of posted errors in several different locations. You also find help of other users directly at the addons comments so I'd always have a look there first.
11/07/22, 04:14 AM   #7
Sharlikran

For those reading this instead of the Master Merchant comments section.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Update both Master Merchant and LibPrice with Minion. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

To Baertram, nobody reads anything but with this post I just realized, maybe because of Minion and the fact you can search the mods from it maybe nobody really ever uses the site at all. Unless it is a one click kind of thing right in front of them.

It is still no excuse to put forth some effort but they really may have no idea how to find a mod and then find the comments because it is too many clicks to get there. People in game mail me and when I tell them to post in the comments section, they don't and I never hear from them again.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/07/22 at 04:18 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master Merchant crashing after updating it