07/29/20, 02:32 PM   #1
jtree91
Need help

I've tried using the Slightly improved experience bar and the permanent experience bar and also The Elder Bar and i can not get either of them to work, all it shows in game is the libaddonmenu-2.0 and i select it but that does nothing. How am i supposed ot get them to work? i just want to add an experience bar.
07/29/20, 02:44 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install

You should be able to find the correct folder for your addons like described above, else login, take a screenshot via keybind and check the top right edge of the screen. The patch the screenshot is saved to is the path where your AddOns folder should be in!
Or: Search for AddOnSettings.txt or UserSettings.txt on ALL harddrives/SSDs and check which one got the most current "last changed date and time" -> correct folder then.

Attention:
If you extract the addon zip files be sure to ONLY extract the content's folder and do NOT create a folder name same as the zip's name!

Filename given is e.g. "TheElderBar_v5.zip"

Wrong:
c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\AddOns\TheElderBar_v5\TheElderBar\TheLEderBar.txt

[u]Correct:
c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\AddOns\TheElderBar\TheElderBar.txt

If this all does not help we need more info OR you need to search for OneDrive in the official ESO forums e.g. (if you use it) and disable it for ESO/documents.

But one of the above mentioned hints should lead to a properly working addon folder and setup for you + maybe some more reasearch by forum threads/search by yourself here.
07/29/20, 03:04 PM   #3
jtree91
i just got the permanent experience bar to work. It turns out that i needed to not take the files from the main folder and paste them into addons folder--i had to keep the main folder and paste that into the addons, i think that's what has been making it not work.

Last edited by jtree91 : 07/29/20 at 03:13 PM.
07/30/20, 03:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Correct.
The game needs a folder and a txt file inside this folder, with the exactly same name as the folder, to recognize an addon/library properly.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Need help