04/10/22, 08:34 PM   #1
Xenthen
Escape Button Throws Error

I get the following if I use the Esc key and can't access my interface menus in game as a result. I'm not sure if it's a UI issue or something else. Please forgive my ignorance if it's not related to the UI. It's been occurring since the game update.

Thanks for any assistance.

bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table/struct expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'ipairs'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/lib/libAddonKeybinds/libAddonKeybinds.lua:136: in function 'KEYBINDING_MANAGER.list:FilterScrollList'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:126: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshFilters'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/lib/libAddonKeybinds/libAddonKeybinds.lua:67: in function 'setShowAddonKeybinds'
user:/AddOns/InventoryGridView/lib/libAddonKeybinds/libAddonKeybinds.lua:97: in function 'hookFunction'
/EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_Hook.lua:18: in function 'Reset'
/EsoUI/Common/ZO_GameMenu/ZO_GameMenu.lua:82: in function 'ZO_GameMenu_Base:SubmitLists'
/EsoUI/Ingame/GameMenu_InGame/GameMenu_Ingame.lua:108: in function 'RebuildTree'
/EsoUI/Ingame/GameMenu_InGame/GameMenu_Ingame.lua:113: in function 'OnShow'
/EsoUI/Common/ZO_GameMenu/ZO_GameMenu.lua:173: in function 'ZO_GameMenu_OnShow'
ZO_GameMenu_InGame_Show:3: in function '(main chunk)'
[C]: in function 'SetHidden'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragmentTemplates.lua:122: in function 'ZO_AnimatedSceneFragment:Show'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:162: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:ShouldBeShown'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneFragment.lua:232: in function 'ZO_SceneFragment:Refresh'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:331: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragmentsHelper'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:339: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragments'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:294: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:213: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:ShowScene'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:291: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:ShowScene'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:374: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateHidden'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:287: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:OnSceneStateChange'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Leader.lua:321: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Leader:OnSceneStateChange'
/EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:375: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:285: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:434: in function 'ZO_Scene:OnTransitionComplete'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:429: in function 'ZO_SceneetermineIfTransitionIsComplete'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:341: in function 'ZO_Scene:RefreshFragments'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:294: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager_Base.lua:221: in function 'ZO_SceneManager_Base:HideScene'
04/10/22, 09:54 PM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Inventory Grid View is, I believe, broken.
You can switch to GridList.
04/11/22, 01:19 AM   #3
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why are you using an addon from the outdated category? That category means you should expect errors and expect it to not work. They will not be updated. Plus did you read the comments section?
04/11/22, 01:53 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
To be fair the addon was moved to the discontinued and outdated section 2 weeks ago so it might be just a left over addon where it was not noticed as Minion is not telling you this.
But to be fair again: The addon is not updated since years and the comments provided fixes + the forum search here (Menu "forum" -> "search" -> "ESC" provides info about the non working ESC key too + the offical ESO forums also provide that info e.g.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...tory-grid-veiw

Last edited by Baertram : 04/12/22 at 02:02 AM.
04/11/22, 04:24 PM   #5
Xenthen
Ohhh, soi THAT's it!

@LoneStar2911 - Thank you for the suggestion! I've replaced IGV with GridList and that fixed the problem.

@Sharlikran - "Why" is clearly because I didn't know better. I don't know where the "outdated category" list is nor the Comments section. Minion doesn't show the add-on as deprecated so I thought I was golden.

"I am only an egg."

@Baertram - I didn't know what to look for in the forums. Now that you all kindly pointed out that the error referenced Inventory Grid View, I could see it listed in the error message text. I'm not a dev of any kind, though, so I would have been casting about blindly. It's still not apparent to me from looking at the error message that IGV was causing the problem.

End users ARE a PITA!!

Thanks to everyone for the swift responses and for your patience with my iggerance.
04/12/22, 01:36 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
outdated category
Addons are added to categories (inventory, attributes, combat, ...) here. You can see it at the top of each addon -> breadcrumbs at the website.
https://i.imgur.com/4Xb9PXs.png
And at the addon search as own column:

And at the category search as well ;-)

-> Minion will not show addons in that category! So if you still see it within Minion this is a bug, but I doubt you'll find it there.
It's most likely because it was still installed and you did not see Minion telling you that it was moved to outdated meanwhile -> Minion3 is not able to do such. You are responsible to check your addons outdated/discontinued state yourself. At least once a year this makes sense.
Maybe a future Minion version will support this.

@Baertram - I didn't know what to look for in the forums. Now that you all kindly pointed out that the error referenced Inventory Grid View, I could see it listed in the error message text. I'm not a dev of any kind, though, so I would have been casting about blindly. It's still not apparent to me from looking at the error message that IGV was causing the problem.
Yes, I understand that it's not clear especially if you got no developer background.
We have tried to explain the error messages and how to read them here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

-> Section "lua error messages ingame"
I've added a "best practice to react to addon errors ingame" there.
Hope it clears things a bit up

Most "How to..." and "Where do I find..." topics that were asked ofte, and where you are able to help yourself (or find out more yourself to get better help on the detail) can be found in this forum here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164

The relevant threads are pinned/sticked to the top:

Other forums (like Minion) also provide that sticky threads with "troubleshooting" and "please red" and "how to" information.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/07/22 at 08:56 AM.
07/09/22, 12:29 AM   #7
spacewolfplays
I will just add that since I dont use Grid View of any kind, just having the libAddonKeybinds out of date was an issue for me, reinstalled it and now everything works again.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Escape Button Throws Error