Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08/11/21, 09:10 AM   #1
Pike
Minion hardcodes Documents folder

Hi, thanks for making Minion it's really useful. I have noticed one minor issue though:

I'm using OneDrive's built-in feature to backup my Documents folder, this works by moving the folder inside my OneDrive folder. The end result of this is that my Documents folder is located at C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents. Most programs deal with this fine but some, such as Minion, hard code the Documents folder location to be in C:\Users\<user>\Documents.

After installing Minion a new "fake" Documents folder is created in the root of my user folder, inside this folder is a shortcut to "C:\Users\<user>\.minion" and nothing else. Minion was also unable to find my Addons folder automatically, I'm not sure if this is caused by the same issue of if Minion just doesn't have that feature.

This problem would also affect people who have manually moved their Documents folder (this can be done by going to the Document folder's property page and then going to the Location tab). Minion should query the OS or the registry (HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Personal) to find the actual location of the Documents folder and use that.

Thanks again for the software.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion hardcodes Documents folder