Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10/07/19, 02:07 PM   #1
Enodoc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
JSON to Lua

Anyone have any ideas how to convert a JSON script to a Lua table so it can be read by add-ons?

Here's an example of the JSON:
Code:
{"numRecords":1,"quest":[{"id":"2345","logId":"144998164","locationId":"20246462","name":"Depths of Madness","level":"50","type":"0","repeatType":"0","displayType":"0","backgroundText":"I found a lost member of the Queen's entourage near the entrance to a hidden Vale. She told me that her fellow entourage members have been taken. A mad mage apparently holds them in the Vale.","objective":"Glister Vale","poiIndex":"4","goalText":"Talk to Eminelya","confirmText":"","declineText":"","endDialogText":"Sanessalmo? Now that name I remember. Used to be a member of the Queen's inner circle! \n\nYou have my deepest gratitude for your service today. I'll be sure the Queen learns of your bravery.","endBackgroundText":"I found a lost member of the Queen's entourage near the entrance to a hidden Vale. She told me that her fellow entourage members have been taken. A mad mage apparently holds them in the Vale.","endJournalText":"I returned to Eminelya's side. I should speak to her one last time.","isShareable":"1","numTools":"1","hasTimer":"0","timerCaption":"Depths of Madness","timerDuration":"0","numSteps":"1","numRewards":"-1","count":"19","zone":"Auridon","internalId":"4272"}]}
If that could be turned into a Lua table array, basically syntactically replacing {"":""} with {[""]=""}, then the data could be incorporated in an add-on (or even a Lib for others to use).

Thanks!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » JSON to Lua