02/22/15, 10:25 AM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assert KeybindStrip Bug

I was trying to track down a bug someone posted that I thought could possibly be caused by JunkIt, but now I'm not so sure. I found this bug that I am able to reproduce every try without any addons running.

So I prehooked the AddKeybindButton to see what it was doing, which button was causing the error (which button was failing to be removed):

It changes everytime, its not always the same button. Here it looks like its trying to add a keybind for UI_SHORTCUT_TERTIARY, but it already exists:

From reports it was very random, although I did managed to figure out a way to reproduce it.
WITHOUT ANY ADDONS: I was able to reproduce this every time with the following method:

The stack traceback for the error I reproduced is not the same as the reports I saw, but I think its the same problem. There is probably just more than one way to reproduce it.
Reports:

Since I can reproduce a very similar error (just a different stack traceback) without any addons I'm guessing its the same bug in the game. Before I waste any more time looking into this I thought I'de ask, what do you think?

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 11:06 AM.
02/22/15, 10:58 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Tried to reproduce it, but it does not happen every time for me and it only works when I end up on equipment, does not seem to occur with crafting mats and others.
Most reliable way to get the error was when I press the inventory key and mail key in quick succession while moving the mouse between items.
02/22/15, 11:02 AM   #3
Ayantir

Tried to reproduce it, but it does not happen every time for me and it only works when I end up on equipment, does not seem to occur with crafting mats and others.
Most reliable way to get the error was when I press the inventory key and mail key in quick succession while moving the mouse between items.
I got few assertions also when switching between I > Mail and Craft > Mail also but I was not able to determine if it was me or the game itself, due to strong reworks on my addons too and my newbieness in Keybindings

(Happens very randomly, maybe when i'm too quick).
02/22/15, 11:04 AM   #4
circonian
Yeah moving the mouse around different items that have different kebyindStrip buttons like: Use, Repair, Equip, Enchant, exc... when you open or change inventory windows makes it "try" to add/remove the buttons to fast & it seems like it can't keep up.

Last edited by circonian : 02/22/15 at 11:12 AM.
02/22/15, 11:28 AM   #5
merlight
Tried your steps on the PTS with and without any add-ons and got the error several times, not always but often.
Still had more "luck" reproducing it my way.

OT: why the hell does this forum insist on showing embedded video when I want to post a link to youtube?
02/22/15, 01:14 PM   #6
circonian
Ah, I didn't see that post. Good to know its not just me.
02/22/15, 08:08 PM   #7
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Question

Another one, This happens at the bank.

2015-02-22T21:08:09.011-05:00 |cff0000Lua Error: assertion failed
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:97: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:205: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_SceneFragmentBar.lua:86: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_MenuBar.lua:256: in function 'MenuBarButton:Release'
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_MenuBar.lua:471: in function 'MenuBar:SelectDescriptor'
(tail call): ?
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_MenuBar/ZO_SceneFragmentBar.lua:17: in function 'ZO_SceneFragmentBar:SelectFragment'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1409: in function 'callback'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:86: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'|r
02/23/15, 10:25 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
This sounds like it could be a bug in the game code. I'll take a shot a reproing it here.
02/23/15, 12:20 PM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
It is a bug with mail. I have a fix in the works.
02/23/15, 01:00 PM   #10
sirinsidiator

Are you sure it is only a mail thing?
From the other thread that merlight linked:
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
The same thing happens when you had previously opened the guild store history page, then go to the guild store and hover over an item and then press 'G' to open the history page again.
I just did that on the PTS and got this:
Code:
assertion failed
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:174: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButton'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:287: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:AddKeybindButtonGroup'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Guild/GuildHistory.lua:46: in function 'callback'
	EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:104: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:248: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:155: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:ShowScene'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_SceneManager.lua:430: in function 'ZO_SceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Scenes/IngameSceneManager.lua:278: in function 'ZO_IngameSceneManager:OnSceneStateChange'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Scene/ZO_Scene.lua:249: in function 'ZO_Scene:SetState'
02/23/15, 02:53 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
And it also sometimes happened if you used the keybinding "E" repetitively fast after another to move items from your inventory to a bank/to a guild bank, if I remember right.
02/23/15, 06:58 PM   #12
joshmiller83
AddOn Super User

Premium Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It is a bug with mail. I have a fix in the works.
Glad to hear it!
02/23/15, 10:01 PM   #13
Minceraft

Keybind assert bugs?

I have seen this bug too, in other places than just the mail. It seems to be a problem with the keybindings not getting the "OnHide" commands or something like that. I ran into that problem with adding keybinds to the Keybind Strip. If, say I mouseOver the control in the guild Roster and my keybind pops up to add a name to my Address Book, If i close the roster or move to a different menu, the mouse technically doesn't "exit" the control, right? So the keybind is NOT removed. They remain until the keybind is refreshed by another menu.
02/24/15, 09:26 AM   #14
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
The assert is triggered in cases where we're adding an action to the keybind strip when another action with that same bind already exists on there. There are a multitude of things that can lead to this situation including overlapping binds in a window, failing to remove binds on a window closing, etc. The particular instance I was able to repro involved mousing over an item in the mail send inventory after the window hiding. I was not able to repro the guild store issue.
02/25/15, 04:43 AM   #15
Minceraft

We appreciate it!!

Nice job though Chip!! Thanks for the hard work!!
02/26/15, 02:12 PM   #16
Ayantir

Here is an example of a bug I had today with Keybindings.
So okay, I should check in roomba if there is already an existing keybind, but, this bug triggered at bank, and the keybind was about a lockpicking UI i just triggered before by opening a chest.

(please note that between opening a chest and opening bank, i also opened the guildroster).

Click image for larger version

Name:	lockpick.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	557

If I check zgoo and descriptor , it's my 2 roomba buttons declared here, but on the UI it's the lockpick one.
And If i leave bank and speak back to the npc, the keybind remains here

PS: I was about to handle this kind of problem with

Lua Code:
  1. if KEYBIND_STRIP.leftButtons then

Maybe there's a better way?

Last edited by Ayantir : 02/26/15 at 02:17 PM.
04/06/15, 10:28 PM   #17
zasy99
What's the status of "the fix", I get this error when I am in the mail window and click "reply" to a mail, results in the ui error popping up and when dismissed leaved a blank mail screen, happens on all of them therefore I cannot reply to any mail.
04/06/15, 11:06 PM   #18
Ayantir

it's fixed since few patchs, check your addons.
04/07/15, 12:36 PM   #19
zasy99
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
it's fixed since few patchs, check your addons.
You are correct, the current issue is being caused by wykkydsMailBox.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Assert KeybindStrip Bug